classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Transmission lines

Invisibleman13
Hello everybody
 I need to change the transmission lines on my Bronco. I ordered a set in stainless steel from LMC and when they showed up the fittings on the transmission side are male, but the fittings on the radiator side are female. My radiators only accepts male fittings, so you can see my problem. Has anyone else run into this issue? How did you resolve it? Inline Tube sells a set for 2WD (F Series) applications that have the correct fitting at the radiator, but I'm not sure if they'd work. Any help would be appreciated.
1980 F150 Custom 4X4
1984 F150 XLT 4X2
1985 Bronco XLT
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Transmission lines

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've not run into that, but have heard that others have had similar problems.

Have you seen this thread: Transmission cooler connectors [E2TZ-7D273-A] - NOS?  I don't know if they might help, but...

Also, I've had absolutely no joy from Inline Tube.  I bought stainless brake lines for Dad's truck from them and NOTHING fit.  I will not buy from them again.  Having said that, I don't know that their transmission lines won't fit.  I just don't believe in Inline Tube.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Invisibleman13
That's not exactly what I'm looking for. Those fittings would be for the O.E. lines to the radiator. I've got female fitting on the line going to a female opening on the radiator, so I'd need a male/male adapter. I know the fitting on the new line is 1/2 inch 20. I looked through the documentation on this site, and it doesn't show a difference for 2WD or 4WD applications. I wonder why the aftermarket is specific between the two.
1980 F150 Custom 4X4
1984 F150 XLT 4X2
1985 Bronco XLT
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
If you could post pics that may be helpful.