Transmission Rebuild

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Transmission Rebuild

OleBrownie
I have a 83 F150 2WD Single Cab XLT and need my transmission rebuilt before I head off to college in early August. I have a C6 transmission, it was the trucks second transmission and I don’t know how many miles are on it (body has a little over 400k) but I know it needs to be rebuilt sooner or later. I’d rather get it done now so I can make my 6 hour trip to college more reliable haha. Does anyone know someone that might specialize in this? I know a guy that can do it for a great price but I’d have to drop it and put it back in myself and with work and getting ready for school I really don’t have time for it but need to get it done. If anyone knows someone for a reasonable price please let me know, thank you so much! (Preferred Sugar Land/ Houston area if possible)
Chase Myers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Transmission Rebuild

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don't know of anyone specializing in the C6, anywhere.  I'm not saying there aren't any, but I just don't know of any.

And most of the places that do significant transmission rebuilds usually have you remove and re-install the transmission.  So I think you'll just have to find a local transmission shop and have them do all of the work for you.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI