classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Transmission Line Fitting

Machspeed
Administrator
I'm installing a new trans cooler on my truck and unfortunately had to cut one of my transmission lines to get it off. While the fitting would rotate in the radiator fitting, it was melded to the trans line. I'd like to run a lengthier metal line before I move into the rubber line. Would the below pictured fitting be available anywhere?

John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Transmission Line Fitting

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don't recognize that fitting.  Is it a flared fitting?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
The line going in to it is flared. When I cut it I was expecting your typical fitting but this has that collar on it. If I could get the fitting off the line I could make a line for it but I'll destroy the fitting trying to separate it.
John

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
There's an adapter screwed into the radiator.  Can you get it out and just put a new fitting into the radiator?  Or, what am I missing?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Yes, there is Gary, but I don't want to mess with it for fear of messing up the radiator. If I could just source the fitting or even a partial trans line, that would be best for me.
John

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
For what it's worth the above pictured transmission line fitting is called a transmission line tube nut. It helps to find things when you have the correct nomenclature. With a torch,  PB blaster and much effort, I was able remove the fitting from the line. Much corrosion.  
John