Too tired to search for start problem

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Too tired to search for start problem

BeagleRock
LoL yes I know, I was referring to her last name because that's mine too so that's why I said she must be wrong.
And yes ALL weather ppl need to rely upon their experiences rather than what the newest computer forecasts.
Beaglerock/83f150 351W C6 Transmission 2 wheel drive.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I actually got it, Randy - Brown.  

But it is supposed to be really NICE this weekend, so maybe you can work on the truck?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock
Yes! 71 degrees Sunday afternoon,I hope to get newest carburetor installed as well as tying the red/lt grn wire to the white/ltblu wire that is currently feeding the hei distributor. So it will start without backing off the keyswitch.
 Gary the 7200vv is apparently a larger carburetor than the 2150 in the sense that my current oem breather housing is too large to mate properly to the other carbs. Is there a part that could reduce the inside diameter of my current breather so it would sit flush.
 Thanks Randy
GO CHIEFS!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, 71.  And, the Chiefs are gonna win!!!!  (I hope.)

On the wiring, depending on where you connect the white/light blue to the red/light green you may bypass the resistor and you will be running battery voltage to the coil at all times.  And the coil will overheat and fail.  I'd check to see that it isn't wired correctly and, if not, choose a spot on the r/lg wire such that you don't bypass the resistor.

As for the air cleaner, I once had an air cleaner that didn't fit properly so I know it happens.  But the only part I'm aware of that would fix it would be another bottom.  However, yours is probably the light weight aluminum bottom and those are hard to find as they frequently cracked.  I don't think I have an extra, but will look.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock
Yes I was thinking about the resistance wire and how I might tackle that. I've seen where ppl have ran a wire from the "I" terminal from the starter solenoid/relay straight to the batt connection on the distributor in conjunction with the wht/blu wire.

As for the breather housing you are correct about the very then aluminum bottom. I'm probably gonna take a chance and carefully bend the rolled up edge of it down to get a snug fit. Hopefully I won't break too much of it. But it beats paying $135+$35 s&h from eBay or anywhere else for that matter.

CHIEFS!!!!!!!!  🏈