The Journey Of Daisy The F250

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The Journey Of Daisy The F250

TheWeldingFords
Hi Y'all, I bought a 1986 F250LD 302 EFI 4x4 Manual back in November.

I bought it non-running and wouldn't crank, since then I have replaced the starter, clutch and pressure plate, flywheel, cleaned up the transmission, put in all new fuel pumps and put in the selector valve, plugs, wires, rotor, and cap.

Yesterday was its first start in probably 2 years and today I put in a new slave cylinder and I got to move the truck back and forth. Currently what needs to be done next is Brakes and an exhaust.

After that is interior and sound system. I've got approximately 4 months till I have to drive it 2500 miles to Alaska.
Alex

Daisy: 1986 F250 XLT 5.0L EFI 4x4 Manual

Roseanne: 1993 Ford Ranger 2.3L 4cyl Rwd Manual
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The Journey Of Daisy The F250

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are REALLY peeling the onion!  (We really need a gif for that.)  But at the end you will have a giant pile of rings and can make a Bloomin' Onion!

Hopefully you can get it going well enough in a few weeks to get it on the road for a shakedown test.  You'll need that in prep for a 2500 mile jaunt.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

TheWeldingFords
One of the things I noticed while I was under it yesterday was that it had leaf springs in the front still and not coils like you said yesterday Gary, this truck is very strange, so far the only difference I've found between the HD and the LD was that I only have the Semi free floating rear axle and that the door sticker says that's it's a under 8500# GVWR everything else I've found that were supposed to be different was not and was the HD version.
Alex

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Strange!  Maybe I was wrong about the leaf springs as well?  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

TheWeldingFords
No clue but it's certainly a weird combo if you were right, I don't know much of the previous history, but considering the janky repairs of the previous owner I wouldn't doubt them swapping stuff to leafs because they had spare parts or something.
Alex