1 ... 40414243444546 ... 116
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The FORD Lounge

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Ffld County is hard hit.
I'm glad I left the State before the travel restrictions were inacted.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Ffld County is hard hit.
What is Ffld???
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Fairfield county is the southwestern corner of Connecticut.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Ffld County is hard hit.
I just talked to a good friend of mine on the phone. His sister and her husband both have the virus...they'd be early 40's the two of them. They sent them home to quarantine. They have cold like symptoms, but that's it.

I haven't been paying much attention to the news lately, so I don't know what the situation is like currently.
Everything is fairly well locked down up here. As of a couple days ago we had 122 cases, but only 3 in the hospital still, and several considered resolved.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
This is more a response for a comment Gary made in a thread that I do not want to Hijack, but it's a good inside view of what can happen to those who work in a setting where Covid-19 is prevalent.

Gary Lewis wrote
Vinny - Shuan lives right there in Ocala.  Don't know if y'all want to meet, safely, but if you do please post a pic.
I'm indirectly self-quarantined due to my position at work putting me in indirect contact with SARS-CoV-2 positive patients. I'm safe for now, but I have a similar chance of contracting the virus (compared to Nursing staff) since I touch the same things Nurses do. I am doing my part by reducing my travel to just the gas station, work, and grocery store (when absolutely necessary) to hopefully prevent any spread should I contract it. I'm washing my hands thoroughly every chance I get, using alcohol based hand rub every time I touch surfaces other people touch, wearing a mask my entire shift, and limiting my exposure to the best of my ability but we all know that's never a guarantee.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good idea, Shaun, to bring the discussion here.  I appreciate your self-quarantining.  Let's just say I'm doing my best to stay safe awa keep everyone else safe.  Here's what I did this morning to send a package:

Wore a mask the whole time, and also wore the glasses, which fogged up. Drove to Hitchin Post. Opened the hatch on the Subie, donned gloves, picked up the boxes and went in, leaving the hatch open. Touched only the doorknob and slid the card myself. Put card in a baggie in my shirt pocket, opened the door with my elbow, put gloves in trash bag in back of Subie, closed hatch, and drove home. Removed shoes in the garage w/o touching them with my hands, and then put clothes in the washer. Took shower.

And now I may rest up for the rest of the day!  đŸ˜ŗ

This is really SERIOUS STUFF, and I not only want me to be safe, I want my friend Shannon at Hitchin Post to be safe.  We had a conversation about that when she asked me to sign the receipt.  I asked her to sign for me, which she did, and thanked me 'cause she didn't have to clean the pen.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'd mentioned in the Espy thread that Iso-Heet is 99.9% isopropyl.

I can't find disenfectant wipes anywhere, but baby wipes and on the shelf.
The two together seem like they should be effective.

I stocked up at Walmart.

I wipe down door handles, keypads, gas pumps, whatever...  Everywhere I go.
I went to the laundromat at 4AM.
Did all the handles, coin slots, change machine and folding table before I took my clothes out of the garbage bag and into the washer.

Of course I'm wearing gloves and an N95 or respirator, and strip them inside out, after wiping my door handle and opening the door of my truck.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Rembrant wrote
I just talked to a good friend of mine on the phone. His sister and her husband both have the virus...they'd be early 40's the two of them. They sent them home to quarantine. They have cold like symptoms, but that's it.

I haven't been paying much attention to the news lately, so I don't know what the situation is like currently.
Everything is fairly well locked down up here. As of a couple days ago we had 122 cases, but only 3 in the hospital still, and several considered resolved.
I talked to my friend this morning. His sister and her husband who both had Covid-19 have completed their quarantine and have both returned to work. Everyone that was around them has been tested and came back clear, so it looks like it ended with them in this case. We are up to about 300 cases here now, but still only 4 people in hospital(s).

They are starting to get more serious about the lockdown here...more restrictions on the way.

I wish there was better data about what is going on, who is affected, etc.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good to see that they've recovered.

What data are you looking for?  Have you seen the Johns Hopkins map?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Gary Lewis wrote
Good to see that they've recovered.

What data are you looking for?  Have you seen the Johns Hopkins map?
Yes I'm glad too, and I'm glad that after all the testing it appears that it ended with them. These folks are fairly close (geographically) to my parents, and they are somewhat close through friendships, so I'm glad it stopped where it did, at least for now.

I'd like to hear more details on how the virus is affecting different people, and what groups have been affected the most. Why are some people only getting minor flu symptoms, and some are dying...and some no symptoms at all? Of the people that have died, did any of them have pre-existing health issues? Or have there been cases of strong and healthy young people dying as well? The only thing the media and government are giving out up here are numbers of people testing positive for the virus, and the number of people actually in the hospital.

Are you guys getting any stats in the US other than the number of people testing positive for the virus, and the number of deaths?

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Well, there are anecdotal reports, but few hard facts.
Our CDC and other first line defense have been decapitated in the past few years.

What troubles me the most are asymptomatic carriers that walk around with impunity, infecting others.

Here , even it a hard hit area, many seem awful caviler.

It's running like wildfire through senior care facilities, and that's very unfortunate.

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
ArdWrknTrk wrote
It's running like wildfire through senior care facilities, and that's very unfortunate.
That's what is terrifying people at my hospital, since the large majority of our patients are above age 65, and there are quite a few senior care facilities (10+) in the immediate area. The possibility of a large scale spread is very real in my area, and as previously mentioned, there are plenty of elders who have a death wish and are not taking this seriously.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Is anyone on here subscribed to Sundance Now?

I want to watch this series called No One Saw a Thing, but it is only available on this Sundance Now. I read a book about this story years ago and found it very interesting.

https://www.sundancenow.com/series/watch/no-one-saw-a-thing/12b6da84563a7f13?season=1

I'm getting a bit tired of all these subscription based services, so I'm hesitant to even click on the free trial as they'll surely be needing credit card info.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Subscribing is easy.

UN-subscribing is another issue entirely....

Looks interesting Cory!  đŸ‘
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Subscribing is easy.

UN-subscribing is another issue entirely....

Looks interesting Cory!  đŸ‘
Truth!

I read the book years ago and found it to be an interesting story.

https://www.amazon.ca/Broad-Daylight-Harry-N-MacLean/dp/1482639874

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I've read about that before.

Heck, that's how things used to be handled in a community.

John Doe, the rapist, pedophile, whatever... just got "dissapeared"
Nobody needed to fess up.
It was a public secret.
Though one, or a few, people in town got extra portions and a lot of respect wherever they went.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by salans7
5 dead in one day at a facility in East Haven (where my little brother, the police lieutenant lives)

Ridgefield had a bunch die in their senior community as well.

It's not looking good.  â˜šī¸
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sounds like an interesting series.  But we've not seen it nor read the book.

Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Well, there are anecdotal reports, but few hard facts.
Our CDC and other first line defense have been decapitated in the past few years.
The real problem with the CDC (my wife works there and I know a number of CDC scientists) is that it is full of incompetent boobs and has been for many years.  The net effect of that is they may look and act as though they've been decapitated, but that's actually their normal state - you just don't notice it when there's no crisis underway.

They're smart on paper (lots of PhDs and MPHs)...but when you talk to these people you come away wondering how their shoes stay tied all day.  The one thing they *are* good at is making sure they're up to date on the latest trends in identity and whatnot.  We're in Year 39 of the AIDS crisis, but right now the big worry (and I am not joking here) is trying to get everyone to list their pronouns on their door nameplates.
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
So, the scientists you know are completely incompetent, and more challenged than somebody with Down's?

I'm well aware of the 'book smart, is not street smart' type.
I have to deal with them every day.
And it's incredibly frustrating.
Even when well intentioned, they should just get out of the way and let the grown ups handle things.
 Jim,
1 ... 40414243444546 ... 116