1 ... 110111112113114115116
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The FORD Lounge

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wow!  What a difference!

We woke up to temps in the 30s on our trip to western OK - and I didn't take a jacket.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I live in 'New England'
We say if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute... 😉
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Are you saying a sound like a vulgar and pathetic person, Jim? 🤔

Maybe I do. 🤷

It's a habit I picked up so long ago I can't remember when I started doing it. It has gotten me in a good bit of trouble and misunderstandings.

What I really mean is: I don't care for that.
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
No, not at all.
I'm not here to judge anyone!

I'm saying that HATE is vulgar and pathetic.
And I've seen enough that I'm not ever going to change my mind about that...
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
I was teasing. My problem is that I'm not using the word correctly.
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'm suggesting an alternative that better expresses your indignation towards modern music.
The fundamentalist Muslims share your views towards idolatry and public expression of emotion.

I still think "Hate" is perhaps not the best choice to express displeasure or disgust.💡
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
Public expression of emotion? When did I say I had a problem with that?
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
ArdWrknTrk wrote
I live in 'New England'
We say if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute... 😉
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

essmaker
In reply to this post by Ifitaintbroke
I hate when people suggest someone may be vulgar or pathetic and compare them to fundamentalist Muslims without an understanding of the persons religious beliefs and then say they're not judging.

It is certainly not very Christian or polite.

FFS
Erik

1985 F150 4x4 - 351W, C6 - work in progress
Reply | Threaded
|

essmaker
Almost warm enough here to think spring is around the corner. Lots of sanding to do which is always more pleasant with the barn door open!
Erik

Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
In reply to this post by essmaker
Jim understands more of my beliefs than you'd think. Also, he isn't as judgemental as he may sound. He speaks strongly, like I do, but in a different way. You just have to get to know him.
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
Metal or wood?
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Please, let's leave religion off the forum. 🙏

I expressed my feelings towards 'hate', not towards any person or religion in particular.
I pointed out another religion that seems (from here) to despise idolatry.
That is all!

I haven't studied the KJE extensively, but my interest in Bradley is bringing me around.

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

essmaker
In reply to this post by Ifitaintbroke
Ifitaintbroke wrote
Metal or wood?
Too difficult to get a shop up here to do body work, so I am pretending to know what I am doing with body work on the ol Ford.
Erik

Reply | Threaded
|

essmaker
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Please, let's leave religion off the forum. 🙏

I expressed my feelings towards 'hate', not towards any person or religion in particular.
I pointed out another religion that seems (from here) to despise idolatry.
That is all!

I haven't studied the KJE extensively, but my interest in Bradley is bringing me around.
Erik

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
if we are honest, we could agree that every man needs to talk to the guy inside regularly. what does it hurt or cost to try a bit more to be well spoken in order to be well heard. what a man says says much about the man. but also, how he says it. think before you speak. like proof reading before sending that text. i avoid the word hate due to it being leveraged by special interest groups, our government included. no bigger special interest group known. music is to taste which there is no accounting for. but we are told what to like in this free of charge media environment. many times, I'm listening to instrumentals. no agendas there. joe satriani, apocalyptica, the dixie dregs. etc. even classical if I need my mind while tuning a valve body.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
The point here, is that the more people communicate-the better. Our problems can largely be attributed to lack of communication. The way I have learned to speak effectively is by messing up and being corrected. And I don't mind being corrected.
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

essmaker
In reply to this post by mat in tn
Absolutely agree. Next to the spell and thesaurus checks should be a hypocrisy check.

For instance, do a search for the word hate with the author ArdWrknTrk
Erik

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I haven't, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm human, and not devine.

Once again, I apologize for bringing any mention of religion or politics to the forum.
While Bradley and I have discussions, I guess I forgot exactly which page I was on....
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
Other than the above discussion, Jim has only used the word "hate" THREE times, in his 16137 posts. Here are those three:

"War is gruesome and hateful" - If anyone wants to disparage that statement, be my guest.

"Hate to wake a sleeplng dog" - A mere idiom, not expressing hatred of anyone or anything.

"Instead I battle traffic and run all over trying to expedite and manage jobs. It's what I have to do... and I hate it." - Jim here is simply expressing frustration over his difficult job.

Unless I have used the search incorrectly, the only thing I can say is, VAE VICTIS.

I give no appy polly loggies to thee or thine for that.
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
1 ... 110111112113114115116