2333 messages Options
1 ... 70717273747576 ... 117
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The FORD Lounge

Ray Cecil
Last post.

Censorship is un-American and tyrannical.

Im not here to "stir the pot", never was.

The simple fact that Im "not allowed" to do something is repulsive to me. I spent a lot of time looking the other way, but I have to stand for what I believe in.

Give me Liberty...or sign me out.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Nothing Special
In reply to this post by Nothing Special
One thing I don't like about Nabble is how you can't automatically go to the first new post since you last visited a thread, only to the last post.  And when the last post is the first on a new page you often miss the second-to-last post.  In this case, the second-to-last post was mine.  So go back a page and look, or don't.  I don't really care if people choose not to read it, it's not like it's important or anything.  I just kinda don't want it lost.
Bob
Sorry, no '80 - '86 Ford trucks
"Oswald": 1997 F-250HD crew cab short box, 460, E4OD, 4.10 gears
"Pluto": 1971 Bronco, 302, NV3550 5 speed, Atlas 4.3:1 transfer case, 33" tires
"the motorhome": 2015 E-450-based 28' class C motorhome, 6.8L V-10
"the Dodge": 2007 Dodge 2500, 6.7L Cummins
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Ray Cecil
Gadsen is fine but it doesn't belong here...
I have nothing but positive things about you Ray, but if it ruffles your feathers, so be it.

Good luck!
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
In reply to this post by Ray Cecil
Good luck in life Ray. I have always enjoyed our interactions.
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Bob, I apologize if I have offended anyone.
I try to play by the rules and don't want to insult anyone.

I haven't noticed any censorship here on this forum, and I am definitely the one pushing boundaries.

If you are asking me to leave, I definitely respect that, and will (for the good of this forum)
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'm sorry if my post seemed about religion or politics.
It was specifically about rejecting all because of a past traumatic experience.

Nothing more, nothing less..

If this is offensive, or troubling to you, please address me directly  And I will do my best to resolve your problem.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In my opinion, no one is asking that anyone leave the forum!
Reply | Threaded
|

Nothing Special
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Jim, sorry, no, nothing personal intended in anything I said.  I never even saw a post from you that I thought was political or religious in nature.  I did see a post where you said you were going to go back and edit an earlier post, so it may be that I just missed it.  But I'm certainly not asking that you or anybody else leave.

I'm not advocating for absolutely rigid, zero tolerance enforcement of the current policy of no political or religious discussions.  I'm also not advocating opening this board up to political and religious discussion.  All I meant to do was say how another board I was on handled the general topic.

edit to add:
ArdWrknTrk wrote
....  If this is offensive, or troubling to you, please address me directly  And I will do my best to resolve your problem.
And likewise.  I'm glad you did bring this up directly so I could address it directly.
Bob
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Bob, I thank you.  

I had no intention of invoking religion.
I was merely making a comparison to my longstanding distaste with a certain hypocrisy.

I really appreciate that this forum shies away from politics and religion.
IMHO, that is what separates it from most of the rest.

If someone's nose gets out of joint because of that, I'm sympathetic, but not moved.

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
ArdWrknTrk wrote
I really appreciate that this forum shies away from politics and religion.
IMHO, that is what separates it from most of the rest.

If someone's nose gets out of joint because of that, I'm sympathetic, but not moved.
Jim - Well said.  I've heard from a lot of people who appreciate this forum for its demeanor, and that has to include the lack of politics and religion.

And you are spot-on with the sympathy w/o being moved.  I'm sorry that Ray has left.  But that doesn't mean I think we should discuss either politics or religion.

Bob - I appreciate your input.  It is helpful to know how others handled things.  But the problem I'm seeing is that down here in The States there's a huge gulf between people regarding politics.  Some won't talk to others if they voted "the other way".  In fact, I've seen people leave their church home because of political difference.

How did they know what the other person believed?  Facebook!  People get on and tout their own "truths" and someone else takes issue with them and now they've started a war of words.  I've watched it happen between my own friends.

Yes, I'm on Facebook.  And while I don't have any say over what other people post on there I do have a say in what I see.  So I've unfollowed bunches and bunches of people because they get into political discussions.  If the person is really close to me and hasn't done it before I might give them the benefit of the doubt.  But the vast majority of people are G.O.N.E. from my Facebook feed the very first time they start into politics.  And you know what?  I've heard others complain about what's being said on Facebook and I say "I've not seen any of that."  

So I want to keep this forum w/o discussions of politics or religion.  I believe it will keep us friends for a much longer time.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Nothing Special
Gary Lewis wrote
....  Bob - I appreciate your input.  It is helpful to know how others handled things....
That's all I could've possibly hoped for.  I don't need any actions or reasons for lack of action or anything else.  I just wanted to give the input.
Bob
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, I thank you for your objective input.

As mentioned, I never intentionally offended any one and redacted my post to (hopefully) eliminate any suggestion of overstepping the bounds of this forum.

You know that I don't participate in FB or any other contentious social media.
But that's for my own sake, and not others.

I want to thank you for providing and supporting 'neutral territory', where I and many of us can feel welcome!  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Jim.  But we are in this together.  It takes us all working together to make it the place we want to frequent.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
Took me a while to find this place (bs thread), how's everybody doing? Life is operating at 1000% fast forward for me but it's mostly all good. Don't leave, Ray, I'm sure nobody meant any harm. I didn't read the full thread but I suspect confusion & misunderstandings happened as these guys here are some of the best you'll find anywhere.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Hi Chris!
It's great to hear from you.  

Even at 10X speed I hope you've had the chance to enjoy it.  ðŸ˜Š

What's the update?
Will this crazy year ever end????

Nobody poked at Ray.
He seems upset about "Liberty" and "censorship", that we aren't men because we choose to be civil and supportive.
IDK.
I was absent back in November when whatever transpired.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ctubutis
Hello, Chris!  Long time no see.  I see you post on FB from time to time, and Bill/Numberdummy refers to you every once in a while, so I assumed you are still kicking.

So, what you been up to?  Working?  Driving the SHO?  Fill us in!

Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
I just want to say  i appreciate this forum for what and how it is. You all seem like fine people and if anyone wants to talk politics or religion or whatever else, Im happy to do so in a different place.
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Sam.  I appreciate that.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by swampedout
Thank you Sam.  

It's the members (like you) that all help make this place 'what and how it is'
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
So I want to keep this forum w/o discussions of politics or religion.  I believe it will keep us friends for a much longer time.
I guess I should check into this section more often than every couple of months. I don't even know what happened. I for one appreciate the no religion/no politics policy Gary, and I agree that it will keep us friends for longer. I am interested in and crave the technical discussions we have.

I am one of those guys that used to argue on the internet (Facebook, mainly) and I ended up quitting it for about 5 years. I am back on there now, but any of my friends that posts or discusses anything to do with politics...I have them blocked from my news feed. That includes friends and family too.

As always, thank you Gary (and the rest of the admins) for running a tight ship here. What you've done here is very cool, and a great resource. I can't wait to meet some of you (or all of you) in person some day.

Merry Christmas folks, and enjoy the holidays!

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

1 ... 70717273747576 ... 117