classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Test The New Forum Hosted On AWS Servers

Gary Lewis
Administrator
If you want you can test the forum over on the AWS servers.  BUT BE WARNED THAT WE ARE NOT SAVING ANYTHING THAT IS POSTED THERE!

The url is http://bullnose-enthusiasts.4.gabbleforum.org/

This is from a backup of the real forum as of Sunday afternoon Sept 20th.  IOW, nothing from Sunday afternoon is on there.

You should be able to log in using your existing name and password, and I'm not signing newbies up on there.  THIS IS FOR TESTING ONLY!

But I would be interested in your thoughts.  First, I didn't get an email notification when I posted, so would like to know if you do.

Also, check it out.  Is everything seemingly there?  How is the speed?  Notice any glitches?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Test The New Forum Hosted On AWS Servers

1986F150Six
Administrator

My access was blocked by FortiGuard Web Filtering [Fortinet]

Web Page Blocked!
You have tried to access a web page which is in violation of your internet usage policy.

URL: http://bullnose-enthusiasts.4.gabbleforum.org/
Category: Newly Observed Domain
User name:
Group name:

To have the rating of this web page re-evaluated please click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Can you click on that to have it re-evaluated?  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Went right to the test forum, looked around, and logged in. Looked good, seemed fast.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Great!  Try a post and see if you get an email notification that you have?  Or, do you normally on this forum?

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I logged onto the test forum and went straight to the longest thread I could think of (Big Blue). Everything loaded much quicker than it does here, including the photos. Everything looks fine on my end.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Shaun.  

Try posting?  Do you normally get email notification when you do?

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
I went to the lounge and replied to Jim's comment. No I do not get notifications unless I ask for them (click the box).
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Did you click the box?  If so, did you get an email notification?

And, more importantly, have you heard from Jim in the last several days?  He's AWOL.

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
No I didn't click the box, I normally don't. The post from him was Sep 16th so it was 8 days ago. New forum is a lot faster!
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Thanks, Shaun.  

Try posting?  Do you normally get email notification when you do?
Posted, but have not seen any notification that I posted. I never get anything here either.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Great!  Try a post and see if you get an email notification that you have?  Or, do you normally on this forum?
I posted, no notification, I don't on here either.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You'll only get notification on here, meaning the production forum, if you are signed up to do so.  And you sign up by going to the level at which you want the email, clicking Option, and then the Email thing at the top.

In my case I'm signed up to get an email for every post y'all make here on the production forum, as you can see on the left, below.  But I'm also signed up the same way on the test forum, as you can see on the right.  But, it isn't working, so I've asked Pedro for help.

Reply | Threaded
|

jdavidsmi
Gary, I made a small post on the new server. Everything works much faster even the large threads.
We are having some local issues caused by the rain yesterday but even with them it was still a lot faster.

David
David,
1984 F150 LX, 4x4 117 wheel base, Engine Code "F" = 302, 5.0 2/B,
Transmission code "A" = 4sp manual New Process model 435
Axle code "19" = 3.55 (ford 8.8) manf.  08/1983, in Norfolk
DSO code "21" AtlantaFactory Air Conditioner, Dash with Gauges
1990 Goldwing 1500
1986 F150 XLT, short bed, 5.0 automatic
2004 F53 Fleetwood Terra motor home
2017 Chevrolet Traverse
Home town Viola Tennessee
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
David - That is good to see.  I think we are really going to like it.

As for the email notification problem, Pedro explained that we need to set up an SMTP (Simple Message Transfer Protocol) server.  And it looks to me like we have that ability via Amazon Webhosting Services, which is where the new forum is hosted.  So I think we have a solution to that problem.

Beyond that there are a few other things that we need to sort.  For instance, Mr Nabble made a change that blew up our "joining process" and it would be good to put that back before moving on.  In addition, we want to go "secure" so we have the green "check" by our URL and that may need to be set while we are still on the Nabble servers.

But when we get these things sorted we will need to set a date and do the cutover.  It will take an outage of the forum, although I don't think it will be long.

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Sounds good sir, I noticed the issue on the joining process as my test signup using my Yahoo account I was able to post anywhere as soon as I was accepted.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile