classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

TechnoVersions' MeterMatch - Bricknose To Bullnose Gauge Interface

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok sports fans, someone is making the interface I need to make Bricknose sending units work with Bullnose gauges! It is called MeterMatch and it is made by TechnoVersions. At $64.95 inc shipping it isn't expensive, and I'm quite interested.

The instructions are included below, and from what I've read it appears that not only will it do the job, but it provides the ability to fine tune things if you want. Still thinking about it, but may order one tomorrow. Thoughts?

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: TechnoVersions' MeterMatch - Bricknose To Bullnose Gauge Interface

kramttocs
Administrator
Does this mean you won't need (or at least as urgently need) the Arduino unit?

If so, I vote no on the MM

Ok, it does look very simple yet functional and at that price point, really hard to argue with.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, it means I won't need the Arduino.  But it also means that if I do an Arduino it won't have to have a high-current driver to handle the gauge.  So it simplifies the Arduino and makes it less expensive.

There's no way to call TechnoVersions, you have to email with them.  So I have and asked them to call me ASAP.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Just saw the post in the BB thread about it.

I skimmed over it and again, sounds hard to beat.

While for a different purpose, it reminds me of the Dakota Digital SGI-100BT I looked at awhile back.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Interesting, I’m not motivated to work on my gauges because I’ve not had or seen much success.

Might be worthwhile. Where’s that popcorn emoji!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, I ordered a MeterMatch today.  Should be in on Friday and I may install it on Saturday.  Talked to Brian, the guy at TechnoVersions and it should be the bee's knees for Bricknose senders and Bullnose gauges.

Reply | Threaded
|

Jacob84
I bought the same thing just rebranded by Tanks Inc, they're identical. Seems to be exactly what I need. You're able to use any gauge with any sender. Even comes with an output for a LED warning light that the user can set to warn the driver that the tank is close to empty.
Jacob,
84 F150 base model, New 95 roller 351w with 5.0 ho roller cam, Summit Racing Max EFI 500, and other toys, MSD DIS, C6 trans, 9 inch rear 3.50, reg cab, long bed, 4x4. 33s, 2.5" Rough Country lift.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Interesting.  Didn't know it even existed and there are two sources for it.  But glad to know that it works.