classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

T170 RTS Transmission Teardown

Inheritedbullnose86
Hello,

I have a T170 RTS transmission from an 86 f150 that I need to remove the main shaft from. Does anyone have a video or guide on how to teardown/rebuild one?

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: T170 RTS Transmission Teardown

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome to the forum.  But you may have missed the email asking you to go to the New Members Start Here folder and post an introduction there.  The reason for that is that we keep the guidelines there and want to ensure that everyone has a chance to read them since we hold everyone to them.

So before we address the transmission please read the guidelines and then post an intro in the NMSH folder.  But don't worry, plenty of people miss that step so we won't hold it against you.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: T170 RTS Transmission Teardown

85pig
In reply to this post by Inheritedbullnose86
Would an 85-86 Ford shop manual have that info?  I don't know that I've seen a service manual for the top shift trannies.  I just swapped a T170 for a T18, and did a quick search to see how some of the shift parts broke down on the 170, with no luck.  Could find very little info.  There has to be some somewhere.  
1985 F150 4X4 300 I6 4-Speed
1970 Torino Cobra "Twister Special" 429CJ 4-Speed
1965 Mercury Comet Caliente Convertible 331 5-Speed