classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Swap meet items...

1986F150Six
Administrator
Thinking ahead to the OK GTG, I had not really planned to bring anything for the swap meet, but Saturday, while relocating items in my "man cave", I ran across some wheel covers I have had put away for years. There are (5) 15" wheel covers which were used on T-Birds and other full sized 1955-1957 cars. Originally, I purchased them for my truck, since the spare wheel is mounted in the bed, but then found some aluminum wheels.

Perhaps with the larger crowd, this year, someone will be interested.

They look like this: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/zmUAAOSwtvtVVWlK/s-l1600.jpg
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Swap meet items...

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, someone may well be interested.

After church yesterday we had lunch at Ron's, the hamburger place we've gone to several times. There was a cute '40 Ford pickup parked in front, so we took at table at the front to see whose it was. When the guy walked out to it I went out to talk to him. He'd already seen the flyer and was thinking of coming - especially since there will be a swap meet.

Given that, I'm gathering things for "swapping" as well. And I need to remind at least all the locals about that. I have told Cash about it and suggested we put "his" door panels in - the ones he dropped off here some time ago to pass on to someone.

Anyway, we need to get some parts there so people will have something to swap. Thanks for starting this thread. đź‘Ť
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, in my gathering of things for the swap meet I'm wondering how much, if any, labeling is needed.  To be honest, it has been 20 years since I've been to a swap meet, so I am not familiar with it.  So, here are some specific questions:

Do things need to be labeled in case I'm not right there?
I have a Powermaster alternator that failed on Big Blue.  I don't know what it wrong with it, so do I need to put a tag on it explaining what little I know?
I have a never used, freshly rebuild 2G alternator.  Do I need to tag it as that, or will guys be able to figure it out?
Are things usually priced, or is the expectation that you'll throw out a price and haggle?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Good questions. I wonder where this will take place? Will it be where our trucks are parked [your church]? If so, the items can be placed in the truck bed and I guess we just stay nearby?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good questions as well.  My plan is to use the east lot, as shown below, for the show and swap meet.  Plus the welding display and Tim's engine stuff - as shown by the red rectangles on the east side of the east lot.  And, I thought we would park our trucks in the parking slots for the show.

As for the swap meet there are at least two choices.  One would be inside the gym using tables that our church has, but covered to protect them a bit.  Or, we could carry the tables outside if the weather is good and take some chairs to sit on.

Thoughts?    I would cherish some input on this as I'm just making it up as I go, and I've never done it before.  Ever.  

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
I like everything outside, if the weather permits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks.  I do as well as it allows quick access to whomever owns the parts - assuming they are out there with the trucks.  Maybe we can take turns manning the swap meet tables and then come and get the owner of the part in question.

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
Gary, I hurt my back kinda badly (several weeks ago at this point) and am still being REAL CAREFUL about which muscles I use and how I use them.
Yoga has been wonderful for this.

Translation: I want to help with the physical work, but not hurt myself again. But I'nm sure we will have enough people there to help. :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
No prob. We will take care of you. 🤕

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Representing the "younger" guys, I will help!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Reviving this thread.....

I'm still rounding up swap meet items, and I know Brandon/Bruno2 is as well.  In fact, Prashant/khaitan from FTE contacted me and expects to both be here this weekend as well as bring some items to swap/sell.

So, back to the question about tagging things.  Do things need to be tagged?  If so, what needs to be on the tag?  Priced?

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Gary, I prefer marked prices but that is my temperament. I know others prefer to haggle. If I am able to bring anything (small items) I intend to mark prices on them for my own sanity! Other info probably depends on the item. Some are more self explanatory than others. If something is broken or not working I definitely think that should be declared up front. Maybe not in detail as buyers can ask, but it should be marked as such.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Jonathan. I haven't, yet, marked prices but I have declared the non-working things, like the air impact and the alternator. And I keep finding things.....