Swap done. What should I do with all of these old parts?!?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Swap done. What should I do with all of these old parts?!?

Littlebeefy
Not looking to become a junk collector, but also don't want to throw something useful and rare away.

We are pretty much done with the assembly. 460 is in and running, as is the Zf5 and the NP205. I have made a ton of upgrades along the way. I now have boxes and boxes of working original parts that I have absolutely no use for. ECC, brake booster, engine accessory mounts, radiator, steering shaft, prop valve and on, and on and on. I could go through it one part at a time, clean it, catalog it and advertise it on fleaBay but I would prefer to do something enriching with my time instead.

What do y'all think? It was an 84 351W and basically everything original from the engine bay is sitting dirty and unsorted in boxes, except for the engine block and exhaust. Am I doing the world a huge disservice by depositing these parts in a garbage receptacle?
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Swap done. What should I do with all of these old parts?!?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The ECU might be of interest to someone that has to pass emissions, but if the truck didn't have CA-specs there will be few people that need it.

The accessory mounts are frequently of use to people.  Used brake boosters and radiators don't seem to have any interest for anyone.

How 'bout the carb?  Is it a feedback 2150?  Those might be useful.  So might the air cleaner..

Beyond that, I doubt anyone will want it.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Frank Wyatt
In reply to this post by Littlebeefy
If the brake booster isn't leaking vacuum, I would be interested. Where are you at? I'm in Tennessee by the way.
1981 F 150 Custom 300 ci with a fully rebuilt 1968 240 head Carter YFA T-18 3.25 9" rear 2WD
dual gas tanks
1990 Lincoln Town Car 5.0 AOD
Home town Mc Kenzie, TN
Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy
Sorry, Frank. Went out with the trash on Sunday night. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a vacuum brake booster. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting one in a JY. You can also get a reman unit for about $65 with core exchange.
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior