Summitt Racing equipment, Not happy at all

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Summitt Racing equipment, Not happy at all

86 1/2 Brutus
I'm not a happy camper right now.  I ordered a new carburetor spacer for Brutus.  when i got to the check out, i put my info in and put my po box, i assumed since it is so small they would use USPS.  I got to a screen that says they use ups and fedex so they cannot ship to po boxes.  I put my street address and everything went through.  I get a ship notification, they shipped it USPS.   I called Summitt and told them what was going on.  The mail does not deliver to my street, we have to have po boxes out here.  He told me we dont ship to po boxes.  I reply to him that it states you ship ups or fedex.   He told me that even though they dont ship to po boxes. and he told me to call back in 3 or 4 days.  I told him this is very stupid and the fact that i have a po box means i am unable to buy from summitt.  He said thats all i can do and to call back in 3 or 4 days.  I told him i  definatly will because it is going to be sent back.  He said he was sorry, and i'm not normally rude unless made to be, but i told him " sorry dosen't fix my truck" and hung up.

This one takes the cake.  
So since i live in a small town i cant buy from Summitt

I have no issues with this with anybody else, and i always check first how they ship before i order, but in this case they say they use ups and fedex.
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Summitt Racing equipment, Not happy at all

85lebaront2
Administrator
Sounds like here on Virginia's appendix. USPS will not deliver on a dirt road, our mailbox has to be on the nearest paved road, which isn't too bad as we are the first house actually on Wayne Ct. (the two on the corner have Seaside Rd addresses). What this means is Smart Post/Sure Post takes at least an extra day and costs me gas to drive into "downtown Exmore" to pick up anything that doesn't fit in the mailbox. I put a large metal locking one out there. The other quirk, they only deliver to the West side of Seaside Rd for mailboxes. The two houses on the corner have to walk across the highway to get their mail.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
It's just about the same way out here and i'm sure in many other rural areas.  Fortunately for us, the post office is 4 blocks away so isn't that big of a deal
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
As predicted the post office sent it back.  I called Summitt, the guy was really nice and overnighted one to me.
Nick and George
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good for Summit!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by 86 1/2 Brutus
Mine is more like 2 miles each way.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Summit's customer service is one of the best I've ever dealt with. Glad to hear they went above and beyond!
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio