Open this post in threaded view
|

Summit

Gary Lewis
Administrator
What is there to say about Summit?
How would you rate Summit?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Summit

Littlebeefy
Inevitably I have to buy parts from different places. I’ve used NPD and JBG and LMC and all the other TLAs. I’m not complaining about them but, given the option, I will always buy the part from Summit.

Summit’s selection is huge. Seems like they carry every brand. They have tons of ways to filter and find stuff and the user feedback on their parts listings are very useful when deciding on what to buy.

Summit’s people are awesome. I’ve dealt with them in person and remote. Their chat option is phenomenal and you get answers back in a few minutes. I deal with them in person a lot and they are all very knowledgeable car people.

Summit price matches anyone that has the same part in stock. No exceptions. If the competitor charges shipping, they will account for that in the price match, but that is the only caveat. I do this often on stuff that costs more than $100, but honestly it’s not that often that Summit isn’t already advertising the lowest price.

Their return policy is incredibly lenient. If you return it in 90 days, full refund without question. I’ve walked into that store with a box full of extra fittings and misordered parts and that poor return clerk stood there for an hour and refunded every single item. I try not to take advantage of it but sometimes it’s just easier to order and return then research, research, research.

They ship FAST. I usually get my parts delivered within 48-72 hours. On the rare occasion it comes from someplace other than the closest location, it still gets here just as fast.
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Littlebeefy wrote
 Summit’s selection is huge. Seems like they carry every brand. They have tons of ways to filter and find stuff and the user feedback on their parts listings are very useful when deciding on what to buy.
Summit is almost like the Amazon of aftermarket car stuff these days...and I mean that in the sense that a lot of stuff they don't actually have, but will still sell it to you. I've found things I've needed from various manufacturers, and then specifically ordered them from Summit. A good example is a Borgeson steering joint I ordered a couple months ago. It was a weird double joint with 3/4" double D on one end, and Metric splines on the other. It didn't show up on normal searches on Summit, but when I entered the exact part number from Borgeson's site, it then showed up on Summit with a note saying that it would be special ordered for me.

The reason it is important for me to buy as much as possible from a place like Summit is that they have free shipping to Canada if you spend $300. Shipping is a big issue for us up here in Canada. That same Borgeson joint, if I ordered directly from Borgeson, would likely cost me $70 in shipping alone. So I try to consolidate my stuff through Summit whenever possible.

The one downside with them (for me), and it's not much to complain about really, but they only ship to Canada from the warehouse in Ohio, so that is where they will consolidate the order. It's not a big deal, and I understand why they do it.

As for parts selection though, I don't think you can beat Summit. I did use Jegs for a little bit when I first started building my '84 Bullnose, but I always go with Summit these days. They're put a lot of effort into their internal search features and stuff like that.

Does anybody use their mobile phone app? I see sales popping up and discounts via the app, but I've never used it myself.

In any case, I gave them top stars for a vote.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
In reply to this post by Littlebeefy
I rated them 5-Star. I've never had a problem with them and they ship promptly.
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Cory, I’ve only looked at the app a little bit. I usually use the website. Edit, I should add, if the app isn’t easier I will use the website. When I did toy with the app I didn’t get that feeling. I will have to try it again soon. I do use eBays app.

They have a warehouse in the Reno area so I get stuff shipped quickly. I too like Summit.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ReneH
So, my experience with Summit is that they doesn't have the lowest prices or shipping rates to Germany, but what I can tell is that they have a very good support.

As I have had much problems with the quality of my camshaft from comp cams, they have replaced me the cam two times.
The second time also without sending photos of the defective to them.

They told me that they me get back both defective also in their cost. They have to check it with comp cams.

So my rating is that the prices, for me in Germany, are not the best...but the services is really impressive.

As you know, they could easily assert that I have made a mistake during installing the cam. But they didn't even ask. They only ask if I need something else, like gaskets, to reinstall the new cam they'll send to save some bucks for shipping.

So, that's my rating.
René's Profile

Bronco 1986 Ford Bronco XLT 302/347 stroker with 351W EEC-IV and 351W factory cam C6 gearbox. Jeep 1986 Jeep CJ7 256 I6 with T5 gearbox. Buggy 1972 HAZ Buggy 122 Ford Cologne V6
Baron 1994 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 183 V6 4-speed automatic