Starting in the right spot

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Starting in the right spot

RestorationWorthy
Hi Everyone, I joined earlier in August while inquiring the experts on input about selling my 1985 Ford F150 I6 and Mr. Gary was kind enough to not boot me out because I initially missed this intro step. I want to stay on because although I'm selling my 1985 Bullnose (Sorry!), I love reading and seeing stories from people who like to restore old vehicles and appreciate things built to last. Also got some trades in other forums on here so I hope to help some others out. My Bullnose is 1985 Ford F150 XL 2WD I6-300 CID Manual Transmission My bullnose story is as follows. We've owned her for 11 years. We purchased her in 2011 to tow another old relic to rehab (1978 Glastron that was also worthy of repair after the transom gave way - and she's still running now by the way after that repair). We were both taught to take care of things and they last a long time and both the boat and the truck are examples of those. The truck bed was definitely used during her years. My honey and I spent a weekend after we bought her putting a roll on bedliner on her just to minimize the further wear. We had the trans gone through and Chris replaced the fuel tank but other than that and minor maintenance we've done nothing and she's been a trooper. We subsequently utilized her to tow a motorcycle when we moved from VA to NC and then utilized her for home depot runs once we bought a house (also late 1950's vintage so there is a theme with us) so she's been a great girl but she deserves a more frequent drive than we give her. So don't hate me for selling her she just deserves more attention than I can give her. I'm glad to be a member and thank you Mr. Gary Lewis for the Bullnose Forum and letting me stay a member even though I'm selling my good girl. Fingers crossed she'll go to a good home. Thanks ya'll!
Thanks ya'll!

Leslie
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Starting in the right spot

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Leslie - Glad you are here and are staying even after selling the truck. We can sure use the company.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Starting in the right spot

grumpin
In reply to this post by RestorationWorthy
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona