classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Squeak In The Steering Column/Dash Plastic

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Drove Big Blue today and I'm still amazed at the huge improvement in steering.  But there was another improvement as well - a reduction in noise.  Apparently the replacement of the lower steering column bearing took out a rattle I'd had when going over bumps.  

But now I can hear a squeak somewhere in the steering column or lower dash.  When I hold up or down on the steering wheel it goes away, as it does when I squeeze the plastic collar that goes around the column.

I'm guessing that it is the interface between the collar and the instrument bezel, but wondered if any of y'all have had such a noise and fixed it?  Or, do you have any suggestions?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI