Spindle

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Spindle

OleBrownie
Looking for a spindle for my 1983 F-150 XLT 2WD. Been looking for days and cannot seem to find one. If anyone has any ideas on where I could locate one or knows a place that has one, it would be much appreciated, thank you.
Chase Myers
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Spindle

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Chase - Welcome to the forum. However, this appears to be your first post, and the email you were sent asked you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then start a new topic/thread to introduce yourself. And after that you'd be free to post elsewhere in the forum.

You've not done that and I ask that you do so before we discuss finding a spindle. Why? Because we have the guidelines spelled out in that folder and since we hold people to those guidelines we think it is important that you have a chance to read them.

Also, we are a community, not a one-shot help-me-find-this place, and we like to get to know people. We'll ask questions about you and your truck, and generally get to know you.

So please do that and then come back here and we can discuss the spindle.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

OleBrownie
Sorry for the inconvenience sir, I should have read over everything before posting. So I go into account settings, edit signature, then type in all the specs about my truck in the box provided underneath? Just want to make sure i’m doing everything right before I go ahead and do it, thank you for reaching out!

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 8:42 AM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Chase - Welcome to the forum. However, this appears to be your first post, and the email you were sent asked you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then start a new topic/thread to introduce yourself. And after that you'd be free to post elsewhere in the forum.

You've not done that and I ask that you do so before we discuss finding a spindle. Why? Because we have the guidelines spelled out in that folder and since we hold people to those guidelines we think it is important that you have a chance to read them.

Also, we are a community, not a one-shot help-me-find-this place, and we like to get to know people. We'll ask questions about you and your truck, and generally get to know you.

So please do that and then come back here and we can discuss the spindle.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Spindle-tp90855p90890.html
To unsubscribe from Spindle, click here.
NAML
Chase Myers
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, and no.  A signature is not required, but with over 1000 members there's no way we can keep straight what each person is working on, so it sure helps us give you good answers.

However, you don't want to put a whole lot of detail in the signatures.  Mine is pretty long.

But, we are talking about two different things - an introduction thread/topic, and a signature.  So at the top of this page click on Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum and then scroll down and click on the New Members Start Here folder link.  Read the guidelines, and then click on New Topic, which lets you create a new topic/thread where you can introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your truck, but just a bit.  We'll welcome you, ask general questions, etc.

Meanwhile you can create the signature.  And we can come back here and discuss spindles.

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
You can have a look at these charts.  
http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/2wd-spindles.html

Do you know the front axle code from your door sticker?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Jim.  You beat me to it.

Chase - You can find the right part number for the spindle you need from that chart, and perhaps find a new one via a Google search of that #.

Reply | Threaded
|

OleBrownie
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk

This is the sticker but can’t seem to see which number/code I am looking for.
Chase Myers
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Front axle weight rating is 2650#

With a build date of 2/83 it looks like E0TZ-3105-N & E0TZ-3106-K

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
If you cant find the needed part what might be a better option is a full front suspension swap from a newer truck from a junk yard.
Only thing to remember is when getting brake parts or ball joints the year the suspension is.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100