Spartacus build - Bully nose onto Aeronose

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Spartacus build - Bully nose onto Aeronose

RenoHuskerDu
Last night my sons began the Spartacus build. We are nuts - two large Bully/Bricky projects already open, and we kicked off this one.

Partacus aka Parts Hippo is an 86 F250 4x4 that a young'un drove down from WA to TX without ever checking the oil. It has a 6.9 and C6, so imagine the RPMs. The 6.9 breathed its last a few weeks later in TX, out of oil. The body is good except for cab rust down low. XLT Lariat with perfect interior. The fact that he's an 86 is allegedly important to make the Bully front clip transplant easier. We'll see about that....

Spartacus is my eldest's 97 F350 cclb 4x4 7.3 PSD ZF5.  Spartacus is getting a Bully nose grafted on. And a new bed. And the right side of the cab replaced by a local body shop (using cab parts from a different parts truck, the one that gave its 7.3 & ZF5 to the Farm Truck project). My son wiped a tree with Spartacus in the rain, thank God he was unhurt. So Spartacus will be a 6 Million Dollar Man Bull/Aeronose in a while.

Stay tuned, this will take a couple months most likely.

Partacus aka Parts Hippo

Spartacus, featuring his Sky RSK as detailed on FTE

The evil Nissan grille and bling bling OBS lights are for sale
Reno in Central Texas, 86 F250 XLT Lariat eclb 2wd 6.9, plus 2 Bricknoses, 1 Aeronose that's getting a Bullnose front clip, and parts trucks. Busy lads, father and sons wrenchers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Spartacus build - Bully nose onto Aeronose

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Interesting!  I'll be following along, but I might get confused about Spartacus vs Partacus, so you may have to correct me from time to time.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
My April of 1986 fenders don't fit well at all on my 1990 cab, so best of luck on the swap. I still had to do all of the usual modifications to the lower end of the fender/cab, and the two bolts at the top edge of the fender by the cab don't fit well at all either, and I had to modify the cab to get that to work as well. Upon measuring the bullnose and bricknose fenders, I found that there is a small difference in the bolt spacing. I don't recall ever seeing anybody mention that when swapping older fenders onto a newer truck, but be weary of it anyway.
Reply | Threaded
|

calvinhg
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Simple! Spartacus is the OG. PARTacus is for... parts!

(Signed the eldest son)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ahhh!  I got it.

And welcome to the forum!  

I assume you know the guidelines, but it would still help if you were to introduce yourself in the New Members Start Here folder.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI