So how many of you have dug into your . . .

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
44 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: So how many of you have dug into your . . .

Dyn Blin
Hi Pete, I was looking for an excuse to head to the P&P this weekend- Drop me a line via email if you don't have a donor for the seat belt grommets before Saturday night, and I'll pick up a couple for you Sunday.

That's a good looking seat cover.  

I used a kit from LMC, and generally happy with it. I had a bit of a challenge lining up the baffle stitching between the bench of the seat and the back rest, but at the end of day, it looked good & was worth it, if only to get rid of the old saddle blanket.  Now I can open the windows at highway speeds without little bits of disintegrating fabric flying in my eyes.

I used a thin piece of plywood covered in canvas to "close" the back side of the backrest to protect the foam a bit

I ended up using zip ties to secure my bottom cover, too. Since the original seat  used the J-channels on all sides, there weren't holes in the frame to accommodate hog rings.  I drilled the frame at spacing of 5 inches, and used upholstery rivet/grommets to strengthen the holes I punched into the cover edges.  It worked out well, and it'll make it easy to get back in there when I install seat warmers for my better half's comfort when we head to the mountains.
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
My seat bottom uses the plastic clip ons at all 4 sides, stock. The new cover has them on 3 sides and wants you to hog ring the last side. That, I'm sure, gives them wiggle room as the material can be pulled tight. Its the back that was the most frustrating as it had no plastic clip ons :( I'm still waiting to hear from them.
If you can grab a grommet, thAT would be great. I only need one, as one is installed now.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Dyn Blin
Dyn - Would you check to see if your P&P has any 1996 or '7 F250's with a 460 and a OBD-II port?  That combo should be an EEC-V computer with mass air flow sensor (MAF) and sequential-fire (SF).  Thanks!

Pete - Glad Dyn is looking out for you as I don't have the grommets.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
Will do, Gary.  Need pics of anything?
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sure!  If you find one.  I'll have to find a pic of the OBD-II port's location, but the port itself will be exactly like that on any modern vehicle.  So, if the truck has that port it should be the MAF/SF setup.  And a pic of the engine would probably prove that theory.

Thanks!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
Although rare outside CA on the 96-97's for those vehicle weights, I've seen a few in CA that had OBD2.  

IIRC, it's under the steering wheel and in line with the brake pedal.  

There's 1 each of a 96 F250 & 350 on the inventory list, both fairly recent additions.  No idea of engine in either.  I'll let you know Sunday night.

Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
Hello Pete, you have an email inbound for your address...
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, not much love at the P&P.  The 2 '96 models (1 250 & 1 350) both had their dashes and instrument panels pulled, and not OBD ports to be found.  They both had been picked over in the engines, too. Email inbound with pics.

Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dyn - Thanks for that.  Gotta figure out what the engine is, but don't want to hijack this thread.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The VIN should be there in the window, or on top of the passenger frame rail if the cab is missing.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
There was not much to mine to dig thru.

My parts truck only has 1 little rip so I went with it.

Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Since I now have the seat belt grommets, I was able to finish the seat and get the bottom installed.

Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well done!  

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Can you see the door panels I have? and the grilles which are a separate piece? This goes back to when I got the truck. I need one of these grilles for the drivers panel. I'll get a specific pic, but you had asked for a shot of the panel since you didn't understand the style I had.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I see the panel, but would like a close up of the grille itself.  Not sure I know how to find one, but will help all I can.  Back side might have some numbers that would help.

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
This post was updated on .
Not to hi jack but anyone know what size the door speakers would be?
Would like to get some for my project and want to keep an eye open for them.

The seat bottom looks good
Thanks
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
I think Ford used 5 1/2s in the door. Sometimes you can get an aftermarket speaker slightly larger, that will fit. For example, a 6 1/2. This is because Ford speakers have a metal ring around that took up space.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
This post was updated on .
Seat is finished. I still have not done the door panels. That is all that is left inside. But ,I will be pulling the left door to replace the hinge spring and fix some bad chips on the door. So a little bodywork and paint in order to get the door back on and the panel painted and reinstalled.

Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looking good!  That's going to be one clean and classy truck.