classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Show "Bling"

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Things are coming together for the show.  On the table below are the main things that will be given away, including:

Trophies: In priority order they are Best Paint; Best Engine; Closest To Stock (pre-2000 model year); Best Upgrades; People's Favorite; Farthest Driven.  Any one truck can only win one category, and should one be voted to win two it will receive the trophy for the highest priority category.

Gift Cards: We currently have three $25 gift certificates from NPD & two $25 ones from LMC.  But today I got commitment from 4WP for two $25 ones.  So at seven certificates and six trophies I'll have to get creative.  

Catalogs: NPD sent about 40 of their 1948 - 79 catalogs and ~20 of their 1980 - 96 catalogs.

Tee Shirts: NPD sent four shirts.  But shirts are hard things to give away as they don't fit everyone, so I'm not sure what I want to do with these.  Suggestions?

Caps: LMC sent ~15 caps.  May give one to the first 15 entrants we have.

Coozies: With what LMC sent and the left-overs from last year we have ~24.

Stickers & Cards: And we have quite a few left overs of these from last year.

Grab Bags: Lots left over from last year.

On the catalogs, coozies, stickers, and cards I think I'll just let the folks that walk in pick up what they want and put the things in a grab bag.  I don't see a need to pre-fill the grab bags as we did last year as we had some left over - which I had to go through and pitch the out-of-date catalogs and retrieve the stickers.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Show "Bling"

1986F150Six
Administrator
Very nice assortment!
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis

Will be a nice gathering!
Sorry to live so far!
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, guys.

Jeff - You can always move from the Frozen North.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Thanks for reaching out to these places Gary
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome.  I did reach out to some others but was turned down.  For instance, Rock Auto has been a supporter in times past, but not this year and I don't know why.

I hope to get back in touch with them after the show and find out why they said no.  Perhaps I can make it better for next year.

Reply | Threaded
|

Rusty_S85
For the T-shirts is a hard thing to give away in a sense due to sizing.  I noticed most companies that ship free shirts with their orders they tend to ship shirts that are either XL or XXL to ensure they are a one size fits all.  But then you have the issue with the shirt being way too big and baggy on someone.

Id say mark the bags with the shirts size and be a first come first serve kind of deal for people that want the shirts but thats just me.

Im not sure how other gathers do the shirts, I know the Crown Victoria club I am in they sell the shirts but its the club shirts for the gatherings.
"Old Blue" - '56 Fairlane Town Sedan - 292-4V, Ford-O-Matic transmission, 3.22:1
'63 Belair 2dr sdn - 283-4V, Powerglide transmission, 4.56:1
'78 Cougar XR7 - 351-2V, FMX transmission, 2.75:1 9inch
"Bruno" - '82 F150 Flareside - 302-2V, C6 transmission, 2.75:1 9inch, 31x10.50-15 BFG KO2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
They sent one Large and three XL's.  So yes, it is going to be a problem having the right size as the XL's will look like a tent on some people.

I do have several Gary's Garagemahal shirts in various sizes and intend to outfit the teens with those so they are easily identified as "workers".  And, so when they need to send someone to talk to me about a price they can say "He's wearing a shirt like this."  But if I have leftovers from that I could give a shirt to each of the six winners - assuming I have the right sizes...

Maybe you are right - give them away!

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Gary, thank you for all that you do in promoting the interest and passion that so many of us have for these trucks. I know personally, it goes far beyond the website too! Sure wished I could make the show.
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

AmericanSavage
Excellent!  I must have missed:  when and where is show?
1980 Ford XLT F350
400 Engine (rebuilt to 406)
Holley 2300 500 CFM manual Choke Carb
Under Restore (1st time)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The show is on Sept 3rd in Skiatook, OK.

The show portion has the trophies/categories shown above.  The swap meet is going to be big this year, and the pricing is agressive - typically 1/2 of what people think it is worth.  And that's from 8 to 2, at which point almost everything is marked down roughly by half.  Or, since it is a truck show we may just start placing parts in the beds.  

John - Wish you could make it also.  But you need to tell me about the tires and wheels.  Prices, bottom dollar, sizes, et.