classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Shop A/C Drain - Again

Gary Lewis
Administrator
A few years ago I had what I think was the same problem but cannot find anything I said on here 'bout the the solution was.

I think I've sussed it, but let me tell you what I've found and see if that triggers thoughts in your minds.

I went into the utility room and found the floor wet.  So I went outside and found that water was coming out of the building around the drain pipe rather than through it.  I ran a wire up in there until I hit the first 90 and couldn't get it to go farther, but that didn't do anything.

Then I started checking and realized that I'd left the lid to a small tote/bin under the air compressor and the connection between it and the drain.  Seemed odd that I would leave something like that under there, but when I started to pull it out I found that it was full of water.  So it appears to me that one or more of those connections there is leaking and the lid is overflowing onto the floor.

Here's what I'm talking about, but I've run out of time to work on it today.  So do any of you remember?  

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Shop A/C Drain - Again

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I don't recall you posting about it, but it appears there is a condensate drain from an AC or dehumidifier that should be running directly outside that has been instead tee'd in PVC.

This is only going to keep filling the lower red hose (I assume that is the tank drain?!?!?  )

What do you think is going to happen if you open 100+# of pressure to that fitting?
'Cause I can guarantee it wants to go straight up and not outdoors.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Shop A/C Drain - Again

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good point about the 100 psi. Will have to think about that.

Today I’m using BB to bring a scissors lift to church for lighting work. Probably won’t be on much until tomorrow.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI