"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Saginaw and mounts for trade

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm tagging John/Machspeed as I know he is looking for Saginaw mounts.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
In reply to this post by Littlebeefy
Littlebeefy wrote
I have 2 saginaw mounts with saginaw pumps with pulleys for V belt 351W that I'm looking to trade for the aluminum saginaw mount for a 460 with EFI.

The two units I have are identical brackets, but one unit is only the bracket, pulley and a Saginaw pump core. The other unit is the bracket, the tensioner, the spacer, the bolts and a very clean looking used Saginaw pump with a nice v-belt pulley, the cap, and both hoses complete and attached (both could be mounted directly to the steering box, but they are old, so keep that in mind).

I will give both in exchange for a single Saginaw bracket from an EFI 460, I don't need the pump or the pulley, just the big aluminum bracket that holds the pump and the compressor.
Chad, I don't have anything to trade but I am very interested in what you have as I wish to convert my 351W C2 pump t a saginaw pump. Please email me with price?  
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Chad - You might want to clarify which bracket you are looking for on the 460 - vee belt or polygroove, aka serpentine.  I think they are different brackets.  (I don't have either of them, by the way.)

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy
Thanks, Gary. Just to clarify, I’m looking for the Saginaw PS bracket from a serpentine equipped 460 (I assume that is all EFI engines but frankly not sure).

Also, I would really prefer to trade then sell what I’ve got. I’m just not comfortable charging people what I know these things are worth just because I was lucky enough to find them (and I don’t want to pay a fortune for the one I need for the same reason). I know the 460 versions are available on fleabay so they are out there. Supposedly in the Pacific Northwest they are everywhere... supposedly. Anyway, check Hollander Parts and your local sources for the 460 serpentine version first before you ask how much I want for mine, please.

Thanks!
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Do you have a photo or number/id for the one you are looking for?
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy
Here is a picture of what it looks like. You can see the characteristic webbing of the mount:

I don’t know a specific part number. What I do know is that it will be on a Ford van between 87 and 96 (maybe 97) with a G or an L in the 8th digit of the VIN.
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Note the broken tab laying below it?  The C-II bracket on Huck was that way.  Bill/85lebaront2 said "Pull the water pump - I'll bet the backing plate was left off."  I did and sure enough, he was right.

W/o the backing plate the bracket will lack ~1/8" of hitting the water pump when the other bolts are tightened down.  And the bracket is very stiff, so when you put the bolt in that little tab and torque it down, it breaks off.