classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: START VOTING!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford F834
Administrator
Gary, I don’t know if you are able to peek at the vote turnout, but I don’t see any harm in extending the time frame through Saturday in case it adds weekenders. Usually the forum traffic is less on weekends rather than more, but it might gather a few more votes.

I have submitted my votes and actually spotted #3 Tommy Sides’ 1986 F150 driving down Stockton Hill Rd in Kingman this afternoon... I don’t know if he recognized me in my ‘81 but I sure noticed his beautiful truck!

I agree, the decisions were difficult indeed, especially with so many near-original survivors, great ownership stories, and picking one favorite (ouch!). Thanks to all who entered and shared their trucks, and a huge shout out to Gary for pulling this together. This was a lot of fun and very well thought out. Thank you for your tireless effort as always 🙂
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
In reply to this post by ratdude747
Gary, although i am anxious , but thats just the type of person i am, maybe you should extend it.  I have noticed there is more activity on the weekends
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Guys - Thanks for the compliments.  To say it was a lot of work would be an understatement, but I have a cunning plan if we do this next year, and that will make it easier.

As for the deadline, I'll extend it this evening.  What I think I've learned about these polls is that if you change the # of days by 1 it'll just add 24 hours on from when you change it.  So if I change it now from 2 to 3 it'll end at 7 am tomorrow.  But we want late in the day tomorrow, if not Sunday.  So why not make it Sunday night?

As for peeking, yes I can since I created the polls.  Currently we have these votes:

Best Engine: 18
Best Upgrades: 14
People's Favorite: 17
Closest To Stock: 17
Ugliest Truck: 13
Best Story: 14

Concerning traffic on the site, that's an interesting question.  I track the traffic daily and it fluctuates significantly, but there are patterns.  An it depends on the weather.  Weekends are not the heaviest traffic time if the weather is conducive to working on your truck.  But if there is widespread bad weather, like a hurricane spreading rain up the east coast, and there will be a lot more traffic.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI