Rusty but trusty

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Rusty but trusty

confetti
Hey everyone, I’m new to the forums and have been a bullnose enthusiast for the past three years or so.

My cousin was having a kid and needed some money he said I could buy his barely running 81 f150 for $500 so I gave him a grand.

It had a manual bronco trans absolute base model otherwise so I poured some labor into it and put thousands of miles on it through a few states.

One wet morning I got sucked into a ditch and with rwd and two wheels in mud I put her into a tree.

Heartbroken, I scoured the internet to find another bullnose and came across a non running 85 f150 with the same 300 motor but automatic.

Picked it up for $600 and began swapping over all the nice parts I had to replace anything that wasn’t up to par.

I’m slowly putting some pride back into her. Currently running albeit poorly and leaking out of everywhere possible.

29BBBFB3-4EB6-4EE1-AA7D-B3291733FCC9.jpeg
•1985 F-150 300 motor auto a/c (“survivor” ..in rejuvenation)
•Parts truck 1981 F-150 300 motor bronco manual
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Rusty but trusty

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined!  

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and can add you with a city/state or zip.

Sorry to read about your cousin's difficulties as well as your own, but it looks like you are working your way out of yours.  Good plan.  But, I'm sure you've found that there are differences between a 1981 and a 1985 truck, some of which can cause problems.  At least you have it running.

And your dog appears happy.      Not sure what you did trying to post the pic, but I just copied the address and pasted it in the "Or copy an image from the Internet:" line in the Insert Image popup, making sure to take out the "http://" that is already there.  However, tips on how to post are on the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

confetti
Hey Gary,

I’m in Bath, PA. My cousin is doing very well nowadays and popped out another!

Thanks for the image tip. Been awhile since I was sort of active on forums I’ll have to start using another hosting site!
•1985 F-150 300 motor auto a/c (“survivor” ..in rejuvenation)
•Parts truck 1981 F-150 300 motor bronco manual
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  And I'm glad to see that your cousin is doing well.

On pics, one of the advantages of this hosting software is that the pictures are uploaded and saved here.  So they don't go away.  Some other sites just put a link in the post to where you hosted the picture originally, so if that picture goes away out there it goes away on the forum as well.  That happened everywhere when one free hosting site started charging for storage and people didn't pay.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by confetti
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Nemesis F150
In reply to this post by confetti
Welcome Aboard!

And dogs dig trucks!

Currently have a fuel tank replacement project on hold until the weather warms and dries up a bit. Spare parts sitting in the garage until then.

-= John =-
-= John =- 1985 F-150 EFI 302/5.0L dual tanks, long-wide bed, "heavy-half"