classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Revise "Library"?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
As some of you have seen, I came into yet another large trove of Ford publications yesterday.  (See Gary's Haul of Books)  And that got me to thinking about how to incorporate them into the website - when the time comes.

As said in the Haul thread:

I'm thinking that the Manuals & Literature section might be better labeled Library, although that is a minor thing.  However, more major is the idea that it would contain links to each document on the site.  For instance, we currently have buried in the Documentation/Engine section the factory shop manual sections for each engine.  But why not have a way to that via the Library?

Similarly we have the FSM sections for the transmissions, differentials, Bronco rear window, door latches & locks, and many, many others.  And we have the EVTM's.  And, and, and.  But none of those are shown in the Library.

So I'm wondering if we should give people two ways to each document - via the proper section, like Engines or Electrical, and via the Library.  Otherwise things like the new books on Basic Gasoline Engines, Gasoline Engine Operations, The Effect Of Engine Design On Emissions & Performance, and many more are going to go into some general section on Engines.

And, maybe we need to move whatever we call it, like Manuals & Literature or Library, out from the Documentation menu and put it where it'll show at the top so it is easier to find.  Then people won't have to drill down so deep to find things.

Basically I'm saying that I think the Library would have links to all Ford publications we have on the site.  That will take some revision of the spreadsheet that has all of those links, but it can be done w/o a lot of effort.

And here's what I mean about taking "Manuals & Literature", or whatever we call it, out from the Documentation menu and placing it at the top.  That way people wouldn't have to drill down to find things.

Thoughts, please?  Better ideas?

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Revise "Library"?

85lebaront2
Administrator
Gary, I think that might be a good point as that is how I would look for them if I was referred to the site by a link.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413