classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Remember This?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Janey has been on a mission to get some of the many, MANY things stored in the attic above the garage cleared out.  So today I was going through some of my things and found this.  How many of y'all have used one?

This one was on the 390 in my '72 F250.  

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Remember This?

85lebaront2
Administrator
Mark Ten, Mark Ten B and Mark Ten C along with their GM only breakerless conversion. Preston Carburetion was a distributor for them until they let anyone have them for less than my cost. I had one on my Shelby, one with the breakerless conversion on my Jetfire and sold many of them.

Manufactured by Delta products.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Remember This?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I knew you'd know all about them, Bill.  They sure cut down on the wear on the points.  

However, in a way they pulled too little current through the points since the points wouldn't clean up when fouled.  You probably remember my story about running out of gas in one tank on the 390 and switching over to the other.  But the engine wouldn't catch.

Long story short, the high vacuum during the coasting time had allowed/pushed oil vapor into the distributor and fouled the points.  I ran a business card through them and it fired right up, but that was after I disassembled the QJet on the side of the road, convinced it was a fuel problem.  After all, I'd run out of gas, so...
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI