classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
30 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Rear Bumper Brackets (Sport Bumper)

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I haven't mounted the bumper yet.  Hadn't even realized it was going to be a problem until that recent discussion, and have been too busy on Big Blue to explore the options.

As for those brackets from DC and then modifying them, maybe.  But at $120 it is pretty steep to guess on.

Sorry, I'm not much help.  But I'm anxious to see your pics on your progress.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

gotfords
hi
i found a set of sport bumper brackets from a bronco and welded a set of Westin aftermarket stepbumper brackets for the 86 ford to the cut down bronco brackets...actually fairly easily done...the pre 72 brackets will not work directly....cut off the front end that bolts to the frame and use the rear part that bolts to the bumper and weld the westin brackets to the cut pre72 brackets you have shown....the price for fabricating the brackets to bolt to the bumper by a fabricator was pricey...so use the 72 and earlier brackets to mount to bumper and mount westin brackets to truck then cut and weld together...this should work! ...my guy charged 80 bucks to cut the westin and bronco brackets and weld them together...finding pickup truck brackets is almost impossible....bronco brackets are easier to find but do not work directly..i also modified the bronco valence panel to fit the truck ...it never came on the truck..pics attached.....i could get you a set of bronco brackets probably but he wants 300 bucks for all brackets including the side bracket pieces and used bumper but even they still need mods...thats pricey but  that  i know works...lol...hope this helps
pics are of sport bumper installed....modified brackets are the next two westin/bronco brackets cut and welded...then the bronco valence modified to fit truck ...stock bronco brackets last pic

From: Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <ml+[hidden email]>
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2020 9:38 AM
To: gotfords <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Rear Bumper Brackets (Sport Bumper)

I haven't mounted the bumper yet.  Hadn't even realized it was going to be a problem until that recent discussion, and have been too busy on Big Blue to explore the options.

As for those brackets from DC and then modifying them, maybe.  But at $120 it is pretty steep to guess on.

Sorry, I'm not much help.  But I'm anxious to see your pics on your progress.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Rear-Bumper-Brackets-Sport-Bumper-tp31657p57519.html
To unsubscribe from Rear Bumper Brackets (Sport Bumper), click here.
NAML

P_20200201_152953.jpg (10M) Download Attachment
P_20200127_164317.jpg (4M) Download Attachment
P_20200127_164820.jpg (5M) Download Attachment
P_20200127_161648.jpg (9M) Download Attachment
P_20191109_164831_vHDR_Auto.jpg (11M) Download Attachment
TOMMY SIDES
KINGMAN AZ

1986 F150 SWB 2WD REG CAB INLINE 6
4BBL CARB OFFY INTAKE SPLIT HEADER LOWERED 3" F AND 4" R

1984 F250 LWB 2WD REG CAB 460 CARB CALIFORNIA TRUCK
IT PASSES SMOG...LOL

1980 f100 REG CAB SHORT BED 2WD...NO MOTOR OR TRANNY YET!!! FACTORY 300 W/MANUAL IN FLOOR AND A/C
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks for the info.  I'll keep that approach in mind.  

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

gotfords
Did you see the attached photos at the bottom...dont know why they were put at the bottom

Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 5:36:49 AM

Thanks for the info.  I'll keep that approach in mind.  

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Rear-Bumper-Brackets-Sport-Bumper-tp31657p57740.html
NAML
TOMMY SIDES
KINGMAN AZ

IT PASSES SMOG...LOL

1980 f100 REG CAB SHORT BED 2WD...NO MOTOR OR TRANNY YET!!! FACTORY 300 W/MANUAL IN FLOOR AND A/C
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I did see them, thanks.

I think you are replying via email rather than by logging onto the forum.  And when you reply by email it brings with it a lot of baggage from the previous post - unless you clear it out.

So if you want to reply by email then click the three dots at the bottom of the page, as shown below, and delete the baggage.  Then your posts will be much cleaner.

But, that won't put the pictures in the post.  You'll only have links to the pics.  The only way to have the pictures in the post is to click the URL in the email to log onto the forum and post from there.

Reply | Threaded
|

gotfords
thanks...i will try and remember that

Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 10:28 AM

I did see them, thanks.

I think you are replying via email rather than by logging onto the forum.  And when you reply by email it brings with it a lot of baggage from the previous post - unless you clear it out.

So if you want to reply by email then click the three dots at the bottom of the page, as shown below, and delete the baggage.  Then your posts will be much cleaner.

But, that won't put the pictures in the post.  You'll only have links to the pics.  The only way to have the pictures in the post is to click the URL in the email to log onto the forum and post from there.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Rear-Bumper-Brackets-Sport-Bumper-tp31657p57776.html
NAML
TOMMY SIDES
KINGMAN AZ

IT PASSES SMOG...LOL

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Your memory is as short as mine - you didn't do it on that post.  😎

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 1:40 PM gotfords [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I did see them, thanks.

I think you are replying via email rather than by logging onto the forum.  And when you reply by email it brings with it a lot of baggage from the previous post - unless you clear it out.

So if you want to reply by email then click the three dots at the bottom of the page, as shown below, and delete the baggage.  Then your posts will be much cleaner.

But, that won't put the pictures in the post.  You'll only have links to the pics.  The only way to have the pictures in the post is to click the URL in the email to log onto the forum and post from there.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Rear-Bumper-Brackets-Sport-Bumper-tp31657p57776.html
NAML
TOMMY SIDES 2WD INLINE 6
KINGMAN AZ

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Rear-Bumper-Brackets-Sport-Bumper-tp31657p57787.html
To start a new topic under eBay, Craigslist, Facebook, & Kijiji Finds, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bullnose Enthusiasts, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

gotfords
Now???

Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 11:45:23 AM

Your memory is as short as mine - you didn't do it on that post.  😎

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 1:40 PM gotfords [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I did see them, thanks.

I think you are replying via email rather than by logging onto the forum.  And when you reply by email it brings with it a lot of baggage from the previous post - unless you clear it out.

So if you want to reply by email then click the three dots at the bottom of the page, as shown below, and delete the baggage.  Then your posts will be much cleaner.

But, that won't put the pictures in the post.  You'll only have links to the pics.  The only way to have the pictures in the post is to click the URL in the email to log onto the forum and post from there.

NAML
TOMMY SIDES 2WD INLINE 6
KINGMAN AZ

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Rear-Bumper-Brackets-Sport-Bumper-tp31657p57787.html
To start a new topic under eBay, Craigslist, Facebook, & Kijiji Finds, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bullnose Enthusiasts, click here.
NAML

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Rear-Bumper-Brackets-Sport-Bumper-tp31657p57788.html
NAML
TOMMY SIDES
KINGMAN AZ

IT PASSES SMOG...LOL

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
No.  My next post will show what the baggage is, but I wanted you to see what a clean post made from inside the form looks like.  Log on via the link at the bottom of the email that says:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Rear-Bumper-Brackets-Sport-Bumper-tp31657p57792.html

And you'll see the difference.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by gotfords
No.  Here's what your post looks like, and I've circled the baggage that could be deleted.  This is your thread so if you don't mind the baggage that's up to you.  But it might limit how many reply as it is hard to pick out what you said from the baggage.

But if you reply this way to other's threads they may not appreciate it.