classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ready For The Show!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think I'm essentially ready for the show.

In that stack there are, top down:

The banners that go out by the street

In the box (can someone ID it?) are the leftover tee shirts from previous years, and once I hand out the ones Friday night to those who haven't gotten one we'll sell the leftovers on Saturday

Smallest tote: The trophies, properly labeled, the gift cards, and the tee shirts I've targeted for the trophy winners

Medium tote: Swap meet items as well as a 1-wire alternator I've finally found someone ..... crazy enough to take.

Big tote: Everything for the entrant and visitor check-in tables, as shown in the s/s below right.

Arrows which go out by the street and guide those who try to enter the wrong driveway around to the right one

Bag of rubber straps and bungee cords to hold the banners up with

What's missing in this pic are the two flats of water, one flat of Coke, and one flat of Dr Pepper that the youth are going to sell.  In addition I don't yet have the new tee shirts, but have been assured they'll be ready.  And already loaded in the truck are the awning and camp chairs.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get all that loaded into Big Blue.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ready For The Show!

Howling.Wolf
Hi all,

I wish you and all attandees and visitors have good deals, nice talks and a great time toghether in Skiatook.
Have save travels please.

Heinz
P.s. maybe next time we (those from outside the US) are allowed to join you
 ´86 F150 5.0 EFI 4WD LWB
I belive in metrics. 😉
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Heinz!

But you would have been welcome this year.  David and I were remembering this morning the show three years ago when Ken from New Zealand and Darin from Australia were here.  In addition Vinny from Canada.  And Numberdummy from California, which seems to be a different country.  And many others from here in the US.

So I do hope you can come next year!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
What's missing in this pic are the two flats of water, one flat of Coke, and one flat of Dr Pepper that the youth are going to sell.  
Forgive me, but I don't think "Flat" beverages are what the attendees of the show are looking for. Most people prefer their soft drinks carbonated.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator

"Flat" may be only my terminology and no one else's, but I suspect the water at least will be flat.  Hopefully the soft drinks won't be.

I have quite a list of to-do items for between now and Friday, then another for Friday for the dinner and the evening, and then one for Saturday.   One item on the list for Friday is to load all of those beverages up in coolers with ice and get them cold for Saturday

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
Gee, and I thought my preparations were all messed up... then again, Bambi turned my plans on it's head... getting "plan b" show-ready (and also getting a matching trailer ready too!). And then there's rounding up all the swap meet loot... and "show and tell" items. Good thing I'm bringing my own table... I might need it

Instead of phone booth stuffing, I guess I'll have camper shell stuffing???
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Have a great time, please post pics and vids for those of us that cannot be there.

The US had a travel ban, for example Brits are not allowed in right now.
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'd forgotten about the travel bans!  My bad.  And it isn't just the UK, but basically all of the EU as well as several other countries.  Which is surely what Heinz meant by being welcome.  

I sure hope we have this problem licked by this time next year.

As for pics and vids, I plan to do that on Sunday - in addition to packing, unloading, and reloading.  Sunday is going to be a busy day.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
As for pics and vids, I plan to do that on Sunday - in addition to packing, unloading, and reloading.  Sunday is going to be a busy day.
A day of rest?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, compared to Saturday it will be a day of rest. And if I can have my clothes packed before then all I’ll have to do is unload the totes with show stuff, load the travel tote that has boots and jackets, and upload pics and vids.

Of course, all of that is after an enjoyable and relaxing time studying and worshiping at church.

But speaking of uploading, I think I’ll create the page for the show results before hand and have places for the number of trucks, forum participants, winners, etc. doing that will help me think about what info I need to capture during the weekend.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
2nd cup of coffee?

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, but almost done. Gonna give BB a bath and then change oil and filter today. And while it is on the lift lube the suspension and check it over closely.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Gave BB a wash and wax, but no oil change - yet.  That's 'cause the wax job took a lot longer than I expected.  The dark blue was badly oxidized and I attempted to fix that.  It is better, but not good.  So I'm not gunning for "Best Paint".

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
You think we're gonna pull your stick?

I know, better dot your i's and cross your t's... I don't have time this week, good thing I'm running 10K oil...
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Thanks Gary for all the prep you've put into this!

And yes, the Medium box will be a little lighter after the show
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
One more day, Dave! Looking forward to it all.

John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Right choice of emoticon's, Scott.  My father would have said "Glutton for punishment".

Yep, one more day.  And just a bit more to get done.  But, basically "there".