Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Raso Enterprise intake manifold heater for 240/300/4.9L engines - used

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Interesting.  It says:

Raso enterprises intake manifold heater kit Ford 300 240 4.9L 6 cyl offenhauser. designed for use with the Offenhauser PN 6227 (1x4bbl) intake manifold and headers. This water plate bolts to the bottom of the Offenhauser 4 bbl intake manifolds allowing you to use hot coolant to warm the intake in colder climates for better drivability of your modified Ford 300-6 engines. This one was used with factory Split EFI manifolds so it was ground down on one side for clearance, it still functioned and sealed properly. Does Not include the 3  bolts for mounting to the intake.

Might be pretty handy if you had that intake.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
Yep. Carbed I6 intakes bolt to the stock exhaust which contains a stove to heat the intake. If one moved to aftermarket headers (or EFI manifolds), there's nothing to heat the intake which can be trouble for carbs in cold temps; this "fixes" the issue.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
The Offenhauser is often listed as being able to use with stock log exhaust manifold [who would do that?], so the Raso most likely will work with stock intake manifolds.
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
1986F150Six wrote
Gary Lewis wrote
The Offenhauser is often listed as being able to use with stock log exhaust manifold [who would do that?], so the Raso most likely will work with stock intake manifolds.
Yep it will work with the factory log intake manifold.
I think that is who I got mine from off ebay back in the day.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
That's why I said "carbed" intakes... Offy or stock. If using an aftermarket TBI solution (such as a sniper on a 4 barrel Offy), you don't need this adapter as the EFI system will compensate for the IAT automatically. AFAIK the intake side is sealed... it's the exhaust side that can be open when the exhaust stove valve is opened by the bimetallic spring (which is why there's an exhaust-style gasket between the exhaust and intake).
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).