Random spade connector on warning light circuit?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Random spade connector on warning light circuit?

Morp
Hello new member here I bought an old 82 150 work truck and have been working on fixing it up.
I recently got a new instrument cluster with a tach and was hooking it up I noticed that the line that supplies the tach and warning lights with 12vdc had continuity with the spade connector on my choke(Its an electric choke for a motorcraft 2150 carb).I believe this choke runs on 12v ac from the stator terminal of the alternator. Is this just a simple case of another choke for this truck at the time using 12vdc or is the connector meant to plug in somewhere else? Any help is appreciated.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Random spade connector on warning light circuit?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Morp - Glad you joined.  However it looks like you missed the email from us asking you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then introduce yourself in a new thread there.

That's important because we hold everyone to the guidelines.  But many people miss the email so that's not unusual.  So please assure me you've read the guidelines and then we can talk about the connector.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI