classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
24 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Radiator upgrades

kramttocs
Administrator
Never actually tested it in place but rough measurements put the thickness from the font face of the shroud to the back of the fan at 3.25"

From the rear face of the radiator shroud mounts to the pulley is (roughly) 6"

So the thickness of the fan at it's highest is still less than the max thickness of the factory 460 shroud.

Happy to get other details if needed. If really serious about it, I can pull the fan and install it.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Scott - That's all I needed.  Thanks!

I'm thinking that this winter when I install the EFI I might add fans.  My radiator is the Champion MC1451, and they have a shroud with a model # of 1451FS14: https://www.championradiators.com/1451FS14_fan_shroud.  I'll have to ask if that's the right one, but I'm guessing it is.

Having said that, I need to drive it a lot more this summer to see if there are any problems at stops with the A/C.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Curiosity got the better of me last night.
Smallest distance between the pulley and fans that I found was 3.5". Tons of room in there now.

That shroud looks good. It appears the flange on the bottom will fit into the two hook clips the factory shroud fits in which is nice. My shroud has two ears vs the flange so I have to try and get a bolt in from the front which may be a pain.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cool!  That is great to know, Scott.

And yes, it does look like plenty of room.  That opens up lots of possibilities.  Thanks much!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI