Putting out an offer

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
32 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Putting out an offer

Pebcak
Guys, I'm sorry.  The site lied to me that they had a new truck at one of the Pick N Pulls.  I went to both locations and it wasn't anywhere.  All the other locations haven't had a truck since April 2018.  I already got to those back in April/May.

I didn't get to get a single thing for myself but my friend loaded up on parts for his college bound daughters Ford Escape!

Oh well.  I'll go again and let people know.

And the picture is upside down... Should've known....
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Not your fault.  You tried and spent your time, so thanks to you.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
The plastic A-pillar trim would be a help for me.  And good rear plastic trim as well since it frequently is dead from all the UV.  But, in Tejas you get more UV than we do, so.....

And the horn cruise pad on Big Blue recently fell apart.  It is the burled wood that is 85/86 specific, but black or Rosewood would do.

Thanks!
Gary, I have a few cruise horn pads stashed away. Most are the Econoline type with the horizontal oak wood grain and trumpets at the ends of the horn bar, but I may have a decent burl wood one still. I will have to investigate.

I assume that the A and B pillar covers you need are for Big Blue and need to be the headliner type? I wish I had known (or remembered) that you needed these. Arizona is obviously in the UV belt, but I have passed up some good interior plastic since I didn’t know of anyone who needed it. I want to pack rat it all, but for one I can’t afford it, and for another I am finding that a lot of my junkyard hoarding is backfiring on me. I don’t have good enough storage and many things are getting ruined from weather or physical damage in haphazard piles. I may actually have extra A pillar covers but my mental inventory is murky. If I come across good trim I will let you know.

Chris, what color of seat belt web are you looking for? Black or color keyed? Is the male buckle the flat kind or the one with the plastic cover?
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Actually, the A-pillar trim is for Dad's truck.  One of the pieces broke at a screw hole.  But, since I'll be painting everything color isn't a big concern.

On the horn pad, I need to look to see what I have as well.  I haven't as the pad broke just before we left for The Baltic and I've been ill since getting home.  (Better today though.)

Thanks!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Gary, do you need both sides or just one (Dad’s A pillar trim)? And when you say it broke at a screw hole, do you mean the little tab by the roof line, or something more serious (like snapping in half at the mid screw)? I know you will be painting everything, but starting with the right color is always preferable. If memory serves me correctly, it’s red... but is it 84+ canyon red or the 80-83 red?

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think I need just one side, but dunno which it is.  Hope to get to the shop in a bit and will check.  But it broke in half at the screw hole.  

And it is the 80-83 "bordello" red.

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Okay, I know I don’t have anything in ~that red... but I can see what I DO have, and I can keep an eye out next time I get to the junkyard. Let me know which side you need, and it ~is the headliner one right? And Big Blue needs both B pillars? And that interior will remain the stock blue?

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
Pebcak: Yeah, thanks for trying!  The occasional 1980-89-vintage trucks in my local yard look very much the same as what you show.

Jonathan: I have the flat kind (black):

Thanks!

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Let me see what I can find Chris, my 81 has the flat style too, and the driver side is a little weak to retract and leaves some slack. I plan on replacing both sides with the other kind which is an option for you too unless you are partial to the flat latch style for some reason.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by ctubutis
ctubutis wrote
I'm bringing some license plates, too.
Good Chris! I have about 10 from AL, MS, TX. See you soon.
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
While we're talking junkyard stuff, I'll take a long shot and throw this out here...

My father's 1974 Bronco has got a rusty passenger-side rocker panel; he says aftermarket panels aren't contoured correctly and I imagine NOS parts are long-ago used up. Which leaves junkyards, but my feelings are that anything of this vintage one might find in a junkyard is going to be total trash... but ya never know.

It'd require a sawzall methinks, I would just hack out the entire floor panels and everything surrounding. Let me know if one of you guys come across this....
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
I have not yet run across an early Bronco in either of my bone yards, but I will keep my eye out.