1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Power door lock kit - new / aftermarket

Gary Lewis
Administrator
At $45 it is indeed cheap.  But those are odd actuators.  I've not seen that kind before, and they might be hard to replace if they fail.  On the other hand, the buttons/switches aren't the easily-broken style Ford used, so they might last.

If I was wanting to do door locks cheaply I'd buy one of the cheap remote lock units like Steve/Foxford33 did and scrounge up a Ford wiring harness and actuators.  That would be fairly easy to install, and I'd do so w/o switches.  That way you can lock the doors as you walk away from the truck or unlock as you walk up to the truck with the remote.  In fact, save for the fact I installed a full-blown security system, that's what I have and love it.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI