Parts and pieces

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
19 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Parts and pieces

old55pete
 I was at the U Pick it today looking for parts for the Bronco. I found a few vans with windsor engines and serpintine belt systems. I also found a 84 E150 with the brackets and the Saganaw power steering pump on a 5.0/ 302. John, werent you looking for something like that?
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Parts and pieces

Machspeed
Administrator
Sure am! Sending you an email, Steve!
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
So, did you use the Assign function?????
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
Yes sir, I did. I wanted to see if it would get John's attention and how quick the reply would be.

EDIT: Just as a heads up Gary, this reply assinged it's self to you, all on it's own.
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It took 13 minutes.  That's quick!  Cool!!!!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by old55pete
Yes, it did assign to me as it apparently assumes that the person to which you are responding is the assignee.  I unassigned it.

But, I'm hoping to figure out how to make this a one-time thing.  Tag someone, they get the email, and that's it.  No need for priorities, now next person gets tagged, nada.

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I'm bummed! It only had a priority of "3" on it!
John

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator

Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
Still laughing.................. Yes John I will go get the parts and hoses ASAP.

And another heads up there were a bunch of vans and pickups with carbed and EFI 460's
Steve
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
You're awesome, buddy.....appreciate ya!
John

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by old55pete
old55pete wrote
And another heads up there were a bunch of vans and pickups with carbed and EFI 460's
I'm in need of a throttle cable bracket if you're able to snag one from a carb'd 460 truck (not sure if a carb'd van is the same or not), EFI trucks have a different bracket. No worries if you can't find or grab one.

Picture below was borrowed from one of Gary's threads.

Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
salans7 wrote
old55pete wrote
I'm in need of a throttle cable bracket if you're able to snag one from a carb'd 460 truck (not sure if a carb'd van is the same or not), EFI trucks have a different bracket. No worries if you can't find or grab one.

Picture below was borrowed from one of Gary's threads.

I will see if there is one and grab it and the bolts if they are there to be had
Steve
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
old55pete wrote
I will see if there is one and grab it and the bolts if they are there to be had
Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, just so you know, I got an e-mail notice from every one that posted a reply on this post.
Steve
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve - Did you tick the box to get alerts?  Did you "subscribe"?  Or were they "assignments"?

Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
Gary, I copyed and pasted this from my E-mail

Thu, Jan 7, 2021 5:41 pm
Machspeed [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] (ml+s12971n84694h9@n8.nabble.com)
To:you Details
You're awesome, buddy.....appreciate ya!
John

You have been tagged to come see this post.
View message @ http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Parts-and-pieces-tp84685p84694.html
NAML

After i assigned this to John, I did nothing else. I have tryed to subscribe to posts before and it has never worked. ai did not "tick" the box for alerts ether, so I dont know what to tell you. I am assuming this all happened because I assigned it to John
Steve
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, you got the email because you were tagged.  Not because you ticked the box, or not.  Thanks.

Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
Got it. Thank you sir
Steve
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I assigned my initial reply to Steve at Level 3.