Paint job

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Paint job

El Chapo
So I went to a paint shop that was recommended to me by an acquaintance, once there I was fairly confident that the owner would do an amazing job on my two tone Victorian (red/white) bronco. It would be a complete job..under hood, door jambs, tail gate etc. I would remove all of the body molding, bumpers, emblems, etc since he seems hesitant to remove them due to potentially damage in the process of removal. I don’t mind doing the removal and replacement since I prefer the paint be done that way instead of taping. So I was quoted 5k I should mention some minor body work for dents and rust would be included. I’m going with Mazda’s 2022 ruby red metallic and snowdrift pearl white. The top will not be removed but sanded and sealed smooth for a perfect match to the body. Question to my bullnose friends out there. Is 5k a fair price? Should I shop around a bit more.??
86 Bronco XLT “La Bronkita” Tow/light pkg. 302/EFI, BW1345
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Paint job

Gary Lewis
Administrator
$5K is a good deal for such a complete paint job.  Several years ago I paid $6K for the paint job on Dad's truck, and while it included blasting and painting the frame as well as significant body work, prices for both parts and labor have gone up significantly since then.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Paint job

AmericanSavage
In reply to this post by El Chapo
5K is a great price.  If you are going to lay down etching primer, then primer (sandable) before the paint (assuming this is single stage) then 5K is a real bargain.  The paint materials for all three alone is likely around 1500—2k depending on color.
1980 Ford XLT F350
400 Engine (rebuilt to 406)
Holley 2300 500 CFM manual Choke Carb
Under Restore (1st time)