On board air.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

On board air.

Ifitaintbroke
Since my AC is deleted so beautifully, and since it is October and I won't be thinking of the consequences of not having AC for a while, and since by the time it is hot enough to regret deleting the AC I will be doing other things (hopefully), I'm looking at converting to OBA. I have the FS6 compressor, and yes it works. Not sure what I will need as far as electrical goes, or the plumbing either. I have a few small air tanks that I can use. Cheapness is paramount. Ideas?
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: On board air.

FuzzFace2
A little late have you done anything with this yet?
I dont know how well the FS6 works as an air pump as I am sure most use the big square York compressor

The reason I say this is the FS6 does not have a oil sump to keep the compressor lubed.
Yes the York dose have a sump and why it is used.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
I have already flushed the compressor with air compressor oil. The hoses have been cut and the pressure side has a 3/8 barb jb-welded in place. I've already ordered an air tool oiler and figured out where I'm going to mount the tank. Best part is I already have most of the parts. I'm using an old 3gal air compressor. I took off basically everything except the manifold and pressure switch, which I will use as it is set to about the pressure I would want anyway. Will post pics soon.
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
In reply to this post by FuzzFace2
In the process now of prototyping this on the F750-excuse me-Ranger. Basically what I have done is cut the low pressure hose coming from the drier, and installed an air tool oiler and air filter. On the high side/compressed air side, I'm running the output line to the condenser as it was originally. The outlet of the condenser is cut and will be connected to the hose running to the air tank. The tank will be mounted to the frame under the cab. The F250 will be done basically the same way, but the engine comes first. I will write up the wiring later, but it is very simple.
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sounds like it should work well.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI