Old Spectator but New Member from East TN

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Old Spectator but New Member from East TN

JWMUSTANGMAN
Greetings from East Tennessee! I have been fooling with these trucks for a long time. I have benefited from the info on this website for almost as long. I just now decided I should be a more active participant and join the forum. I currently have two 1980 Broncos I have had and will probably have more 80 to 86 trucks and Broncos in the future. Thanks for a great resource of well organized info!

6593D2CB-1466-4125-BA1B-38A6AFD0E395.jpeg
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Old Spectator but New Member from East TN

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

And, glad the site has helped you.

Nice looking Bronco!  I just copied the URL of the pic, pasted it into the "Or copy a URL" line of the Insert Image popup and then selected Big in the resize area as your pic is over 1Mb in size.

What part of east TN?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city or zip.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

JWMUSTANGMAN
In reply to this post by JWMUSTANGMAN
Thanks! Good to know about the pics. I was wondering how to get it to show the pic instead of the url. I’m in Greeneville, TN. I’m a little over an hour from the pigeon forge area, so I go to the F-100 show and bronco celebration every chance I get.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Greeneville is now on the map.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

81-F150-Explorer
Welcome !
Truck: 1981 F-150 Explorer / Engine: 300-6 California MCU Feedback System / Trans: T-18 - 4 speed / 2.75 Ford Rear Axle Open Diff.
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Welcome to the site! Is there a Mustang connection, as read in your alias?  
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

JWMUSTANGMAN
There is actually. I’ve had several. 88 LX, 78 V8 4 speed, 95 GT, but I finally found my old one. The “last of the muscle mustangs” as I call it. 73 Mach 1 Q code 4 speed. Sat in a block grave on a concrete floor for 40 years. It’s surprisingly solid. Im bringing her back to life. I got it running. Next the trans will come out for repair. Clutch/shifter issues is why it was parked in 1980.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'll invite both of you to chronicle the Phoenix-like rise of your Mustangs here on the forum.  We have Cory's Merc truck, Bill's K-car, and even my boat at one point in time.

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Well JW, good to have a fellow Bullnose and Mustanger among us! I am doing a full rotisserie restoration on my 69. Hope to have it painted and running by years end.  This ole girl was my first car. Check out my build thread:   https://www.vintage-mustang.com/threads/69-gulfstream-aqua-mach-1-build.1167764/

As she sits now...........

John

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Gary, thanks for allowing a Non-Bullnose build on the forum but hard enough for me to keep up to date on the Mustang forum. You're the best, man!  
John

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
As long as you are documenting the build that's fine.  But doing a build w/o documenting it isn't a good idea.  At some point you'll need to know what you've done.  And you are going to forget how much work was involved, and a review of the documentation will remind you of all of that.

Reply | Threaded
|

JWMUSTANGMAN
Machspeed, that is gunna be a gorgeous ride. looks like it is definitely getting the attention it deserves. I'm pretty competent mechanically, but I'm scared of body work. Thankfully, most of the common rust areas are good on mine: floors, torque boxes, cowl area, frame rails, trunk, all solid. The only real rust is about a fist sized spot behind the right rear wheel. I'm going thru mechanicals and hope to get it road worthy while I save for proper paint and body work. It's only original unrestored once, so I'm not going to throw some mickey mouse body work on it. haha. I just know it will be a while before I can afford the paint and body work it deserves, so I want to drive it in the mean time.
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Thank you, JW! Actually, I thought my car was rust free until I had it media blasted. Pinhole rust in the lower door frames, both sides, and both lower rear quarters just behind the wheels. Also found a few dents I didn't realize I had that must have been done and repaired by the original owner. Fortunately, I can address the metal work and some of the pre paint prep. I'll be having it painted though. Do you post on any Mustang forums?  
John

Reply | Threaded
|

JWMUSTANGMAN
I'm sure some other surprises would show up if I had mine media blasted. I guess ignorance is bliss, cause I'm not gunna do anything like that til I can have it fixed right.  I do post on 7173 mustang forum, but haven't much lately. I must admit progress has been slow on her. I've seen so many that go deep in debt for a resto then end up having to sell it to pay off the debt. I have sworn I'm not going down that path, so I'm only doing work as I can afford to. Unfortunately, our grocery bill has skyrocketed due to inflation and and a 2 and 4 year old that eat like draft horses.  All that to say, we are single income at my house, and I have to pick up side work or something for mustang money. I'm hoping to allocate some of our tax return for some parts this year tho; so maybe that will get the ball rolling.
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Fully understand and wish you well!
John

Reply | Threaded
|

chirkware
Good to see more East Tennessee on here! I'm in Lenoir City, just getting into Bullnose Ford ownership having made a deal on an 86 F150 4x4 last year.
Ole Blue -- 1970 F100 Custom, 240 and a C4 automatic
Larry the Lariat -- 1986 F150 XLT Lariat 4x4, 351w and a C6 automatic