Oil Sending Unit

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Oil Sending Unit

84BroncoJC
 I have a 1984 Bronco and I need some help finding the oil sending unit wire. I really don't want to pull dash apart to find the correct wire. There is no 90 degree connector to be found. No single wires to be found. Please advise.  Thanks
1984 Ford Bronco XLT
351W Holley QFT carb.
C6   NP208  6" Lift  35" tires
4.56  Detroit Truetrac front and rear
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Oil Sending Unit

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You really ought to have a signature that tells us a bit about your truck, like what engine you have.  That would allow us to tell you where to look for the wire.

Speaking of the wire, assuming you have gauges you are looking for a white wire with a red stripe, as shown below.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

84BroncoJC
Thanks

Created my signature

Maybe this will help.
1984 Ford Bronco XLT
351W Holley QFT carb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, that helps.

The oil pressure sending unit is above the fuel pump, and the wire should come from near the DS-II module, assuming you have one, over to the engine.

How do you like the Truetrac in front.  I have one in back and like it a lot, but have wondered how it would do in front.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

84BroncoJC
I haven't driven it yet. I've been working in it since March 2022. When I got it, someone hacked had an EFI on to it. What a mess that was. Wires spliced all over. Looked like a rats nest. So I cleaned house. Pulled engine, trans., transfer case, rear ends, etc..  Everything has been rebuilt and I am trying to take my time and do it correctly. Engine has been balanced and dyno'ed.

I'm not sure what or where a DS-II is?  I don't believe there is one. I removed the module for the EFI along with all the pollution stuff.
1984 Ford Bronco XLT
351W Holley QFT carb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The DS-II module would have been on the driver's side fender.  And the wiring comes out of the cab, goes along the fender, and then out to the engine.