5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Nice To Meet Y'all

poncho.loco
This post was updated on .
Hello!
My name is Barbara and I'm from central Texas. I come from a Ford truck family, with three guys always messing around with one truck or the other. Having graduated high school, I wanted to get my first vehicle as well as attain a bit more mechanical know how, and what better way to learn than hands-on?
In May of this year I bought my first truck, "Poncho Loco", off of my brother who himself got it to restore and resell. A good deal, according to the previous owner the tailgate was worth as much as was payed for the truck--$600. It's an '82 F-150, 4wd, 5.8 L, 351w engine, stick shift gasser, and that's about all the specs I can share with my limited truck knowledge.
It didn't run but with the help of my brothers, dad, and this forum through my dad 'RenoHuskerDo' (there's already a whole thread for Poncho), it's close to being road ready. We replaced the starter, starter relay, rebuilt the carb, set the distributor timing, put in a deep 36 gal. fuel tank instead of two old rusted out tanks it came with, got new tires on it, replaced both rear wheel cylinders, and a whole bunch of other minor repairs. We got it insured, it miraculously passed safety, and after getting the classic truck plates in the mail the other day, all that's left (for now) is to put in a fuel pressure regulator, get an exhaust on it, and put on the front bumper. Other issues, such as a parasitical battery leak, a puddle on the (bed-lined) floor whenever it rains, the AC unit lying decrepit in the bed, will be dealt with after Poncho is officially road-ready.
Well, this post ended up being more about Poncho than myself, but isn't that the point of the forum? :)
I look forward to being a part of this forum! (Yes, Poncho is the truck in my profile picture)
Brand new owner of "Poncho Loco", 82 F150 4x4 351w, restoration in progress...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Nice To Meet Y'all

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Finally!  Glad you joined.  

Good to "meet" you.  I assume this is you?  

Yes, we know the legend of Poncho Loco.  Been following his resurrection for some time, and am happy he is on the road.  And I'm happy to get to know his owner.

So, do you want your own pin on the map?  

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

poncho.loco
Yes! That is me, along with one brother and our two dogs Dixie and Neptune. That picture was taken on the fateful night we discovered Poncho had something draining the battery, and I had to hang in the air a while waiting for him to charge.
Sure! Put me on the map, Bertram TX.
Brand new owner of "Poncho Loco", 82 F150 4x4 351w, restoration in progress...
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by poncho.loco
Bertram is now really on the map, with the two of you bracketing it.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI