classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
34 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Newbie.

Big pull T/S
Okay, Thanks.
1981 f-250 Ranger XLT 4x2 trailer special.
1991 f-150 lariat 5.0 4x2 long box orig. 368k miles. Best truck I ever owned.
Past vehicles: Original light green metallic 1968 f-250 390/auto. camper special.
Original 1954 Ford p/u.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big pull T/S
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Never mind Gary, I just found out how to go back to classic text.
Past vehicles: Original light green metallic 1968 f-250 390/auto. camper special.
Original 1954 Ford p/u.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big pull T/S
In reply to this post by kramttocs
Thanks Scott, Without taking the remaining emblem off the fender I don't know if that is the same number as my emblem you indicated. My avatar photo shows the small red trailer special emblem by my Ranger emblem. It appears to be the same size as my upper cab blue XLT emblems though.
Original 1954 Ford p/u.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big pull T/S
In reply to this post by Big pull T/S
Never mind. Fixed it.
Original 1954 Ford p/u.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Your badge (name plate in Fordspeak) should be PN E0TZ 16720-AA, as seen on the page at Documentation/Exterior/Name Plates.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I've been looking for Trailer Special emblems for almost ten years now. I've never seen them for sale online in that time, but did find a rough pair in the local junkyard years ago. I put them on my F150, and should have kept them when I sold that truck because there very hard to find. They were only used from 1980-1981, hence their rarity.

I would suggest maybe looking into having somebody make a small vinyl decal based off of your existing emblem and then putting it into a used Lariat frame that is missing the Lariat script. You can find the "broken" Lariat emblem frames on Ebay pretty easily because they were used for so long.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big pull T/S
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Yes that is the one. It took me a bit to find it but scrolling around I see there is a lot of info here. Thanks to all for the help.
Original 1954 Ford p/u.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big pull T/S
In reply to this post by salans7
Well that explains why they are so hard to come by. I have seen many camper specials over the years especially in the shape of the USA in earlier years but this is the only one I have ever seen in that style. There were probably many built in those two years but this was the first for me. Good tip on possibly making one but will try to hold out for just one nice one to match the passenger side if I can. Thank you for the information, I do appreciate it
Original 1954 Ford p/u.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big pull T/S
In reply to this post by salans7
Thanks again for the info Shaun. Do you know if Ford kept records on how many trailer specials were made between both years and were they available for f150, f250 and f350 models as well?
Original 1954 Ford p/u.
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I know that whenever you buy the second tier Marti Report for these trucks, it will break down how many trucks were ordered with certain colors and options, so I'm sure they did. Kevin Marti bought most of Ford's old records and now offers his Marti Reports that tell you all about your vehicle. Only downside is that it will only give you info for a specific year. And I'm not sure if the Trailer Special packages are listed on the Marti Reports.

I do know that the Trailer Special package was available on Bronco, F150, F250, and F350. There were two different packages, one was for light duty towing and the other was for heavy duty towing.

The Camper Special package was for F250 and F350 trucks only, so those emblems are probably harder to find.

According to rearcounter.com, NOS Parts LTD. has a single Trailer Special emblem in stock. You might want to give them a call and verify that info. I don't really know their pricing, but it might not be cheap.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big pull T/S
Yes my experience with Marti is a lot of the time there is no breakdown of certain sub models numbers for some different options at least on passenger cars anyway. Down the road I may order a deluxe Eppinger report from him. A lot of times it's that Ford didn't really breakdown sub model options either, at least that's the way it is for some of my other vehicles. I did go on the site but didn't see the part needed but will call them when they are opened up in the week. Thanks for that.
I did try to decode my truck on the the sites vin decoder late last night but had problems on certain numbers on my door jamb tag. The condition of my tag is like new but when it comes to finding out what springs and what type of towing class it is, I come up with a blank. I see that info is the same as my owners manual on the towing part but doesn't even list my Z code 400 engine only the 351m. Plus my tag does not actually say springs on the right side near end of tag it is blank but has the 2 letters there that are most likely for front and back which are E and A. My weight is 8650lb. This vehicle really sits high up especially for a 2-wheel drive and there are no mods underneath (all factory) so don't know what class it is. Confused a little on my tag numbers for front and how to read such as Front 1458, 3215lb, and rear  2834, 6250. In that half box on my tag is also FO 175.
                                            FO 435.
Original 1954 Ford p/u.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big pull T/S
Plus I could not see word (tape) on my sticker but my original tape stripe on truck around the rear of cab is tu-tone blue. Luckily the decoder gave the the factory location of the build and shipping dso destination and am really happy about that. It was built in San Jose California and shipped to Seattle Washington.
Original 1954 Ford p/u.
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
That's interesting. My old 1980 F150 was also built in San Jose, and I remember some of the info was missing, or was printed above the spot where it should have been. It's weird that two trucks built in the same factory some time apart both had strange anomalies with the tags.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big pull T/S
That's strange on your old truck as well, hmmm. The tag is limited in spots as described. It is in perfect condition and still looks new even without any discoloration. The typed black info of what is there is even crisp and dark. For sure don't have the tape code. Or spring code, I think. Even the axle area is missing and blank so I'll crawl underneath to read tag when it ever quits raining here. There was a spot for the trans code K though on the same line and got that one being a C-6. What is missing where it should be located on the tag is no where else to be found anywhere on tag. I wonder how the servicing dealer dealt with it unless they just used the vin# which I guess most likely did. Just an fyi.
Original 1954 Ford p/u.