New user in Portland Oregon

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New user in Portland Oregon

Raywilson
Recently obtained an 81 F150 XLT trailer special that I'm trying to bring back to fully functional. It was relegated to being a wheelbarrow holding lawn clippings n dirt for a couple years but I have hopes of making it nice again.
Ray
1981 F150 XLT Ranger Trailer Special
302 automatic
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New user in Portland Oregon

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ray - Glad you joined.  

That's a shame that it was a depository for grass clippings.  That couldn't have been good for the bed.

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and can add you in Portland if you'd like.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Raywilson
Thanks. That would be great. The cab end of the bed is big flaky rust. I'm thinking of getting it media blasted and painted.
1981 F150 XLT Ranger Trailer Special
302 automatic
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Raywilson
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
In reply to this post by Raywilson
the media blasting is a good idea but be aware that it may expose many perforations. on a good note, the water retention will be reduced. I try to save a truck when I can. I was raised that anything worth having is worth taking care of. and let's face it. replacing a vehicle is much cheaper if you don't have to do it. how far you want to go or are willing and able to go in restoration is a personal thing. but replacing the bed is a common plan even though these beds are getting more scarce every day.