classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
31 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New truck coming my way!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
There were three versions of the two-tone color treatment shown in the '86 brochure:

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Interior is not bad. Looks like roofing bitumen everywhere.

Ignition has been messed with and is a push button start

AC compressor missing

Edlebrock carb under the hood

Exhaust manifold leak

Odometer works but not speedo

Back  window half missing 😂

Temp gauge doesn’t work

Horn broken, speed control not working

Passenger side rear 3/4 is mangled

I will go through and cleaner her top to bottom and inside out later in the week and start a project thread.

Can’t believe i got this for $500. I am gonna fix her up good. Prob will sell her on as i really want a F250 extended cab. But I will make sure when i sell her she is in good condition and going to a good home!

1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Not bad at all.  And you should be able to more than double your money with a bit of work cleaning it up, fixing some things, and then selling it.  But it looks like it has good bones.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I've paid $500 for way worse trucks. Maybe it's the picture but those front hubs look like D50 stuff, that must be a heavy girl. Either that or it's a Dana 60 in there. You didn't actually say if it was an F250 HD or an F350.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
It is a F350.

This is going to be an amazing truck for someone. I am
excited to try and breathe some life back in to it.

Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
That explains it. I would love to have it if I didn't already have essentially the same truck sitting in my backyard.

On that note, could you possibly snap some pictures of the transmission crossmember? It's unique to 1986 and maybe 1987 F350 4x4's due to the straight axle. Would be great for documentation on the site.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Yes of course, I’ll get to it once the rain passes.

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by Gsmblue
Well preserved truck!

At that price, kind of luck we're all dreaming of!  Congrats!
Gsmblue wrote
Ignition has been messed with and is a push button start
Back  window half missing
Interesting, ignition switch from the future, already in the 21th.  Maybe she time-travelled and came back with some updates, such as Doc's Dolorean.
Rear window issue can be easily solved with a new garage.
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
An '86 F350 should have the D60 Monobeam front axle.  In my estimation that's the way to go.  

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
great buy. I'm looking every day for this type of truck. I end up buying 150s as they are the bulk of what's out there.  but I'm happy with that. but I want to build an f350.
Reply | Threaded
|

RenoHuskerDu
Gsmblue wrote
The wife is in good spirits this morning, already laughing and telling me to work out where to park it.

Need to work a few details out but will certainly update here.

No discussions on names until the truck is here, that is the rule.
LOL, we name all our trucks too. Even parts trucks often get named. My eldest has a black/white CVPI and I named it Jake. Still looking for an Elwood. She's too young, doesn't get it.
Reno in Central Texas, 86 F250 XLT Lariat eclb 2wd 6.9, plus 2 Bricknoses, 1 Aeronose that's getting a Bullnose front clip, and parts trucks. Busy lads, father and sons wrenchers.