New to the "Bullnose"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New to the "Bullnose"

Squirlye
Hi everyone, I'm Earl.But I go by Squirlye on all of my other forums. I'm from Vail Arizona. I just bought a "86"F-150 4x4 with a 300 4 speed short bed. I paid $1000 and received a free "78" Alpina 250cc Bultaco.  What deal !!!!
The previous owner originally wanted $3000 a few years ago. I wasn't really all that interested. I was actually looking for 67 to 79 years truck. I used to have a 76 4x4 w/360 and a 78 /460
About a year ago he lowered the price to $2500.
I still wasn't all that interested. I was still looking for the earlier models. About 3 weeks ago he said he would take $1500. Well at that price  he caught my attention. So I asked him a few questions about its drivability. He told me that the clutch needed replaced. And that it's been sitting for a couple of years. So I went out and took a look at it, kicked the tires so to speak. I told him I had to make sure my wife would be ok with this truck parked in the driveway for awhile. As I talked to him about the truck some more. He told me that it didn't run anymore do to gas pouring out of this vacuum line. It was actually the tee that the carb. and charcoal canister are plugged into. So I gave my the money, we loaded up the motorcycle and then had it towed to my house. So after about 10 minutes looking at it. I noticed that the clutch Reservoir  was empty. So I filled it up gave a about 3 dozen short strokes on the clutch pedal with my hand. And boom there it is. The clutch had pressure and I was good to go. Next I checked all of the other fluids. Seen that they were at adequate levels. I squirted some starting fluid and cranked the starter and it fired for about 5 seconds. So since then I've rebuilt the single barrel non-feedback carburetor for $21 bucks. It still needs a lot of work. But I think I will get all the help I need from this forum. So thanks in advance to everyone and be prepared for a bunch of posts from me.
Squirlye, 86 F-150 short bed, 300 I6, 4x4, 4 speed, HEI distributer with computer delete. And more to come.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New to the "Bullnose"

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome Squirlye!  

I'm glad your wife's on board with the new truck.
The Bultaco sounds like a bunch of fun too.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Squirlye
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

Would you like to be on our map?  Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.  Happy to put you on.

You got two Bulls for the price of one!  

I'm never going to remember "Squirlye", so could you create a signature and include that?  How to do that is in Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Squirlye
Yes I would like to be included on the map. I live in Vail Az. It's a little southeast of Tucson.
Squirlye, 86 F-150 short bed, 300 I6, 4x4, 4 speed, HEI distributer with computer delete. And more to come.