New to the Bullnose World

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New to the Bullnose World

thejslay
My name is Jeremiah and I'm from North Augusta, SC.
I recently picked up an 85 Single Cab 5.0 FI from my uncle that my little cousins drove in high school.

It was parked when I got it because he said the fuel pump went out.

I have replaced both pumps and the relay but I still have no power to the pumps. I'm looking forward to further diag with the amount of information on here!
1985 F-150 Single Cab Short Bed 4wd
302 FI with floor shift 4x4
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New to the Bullnose World

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.

Would you like to be on our map?  You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member’s Map in the menu.

On the pumps, the power goes though an inertia switch and if it is tripped there won’t be any power to the pump. It is by the passenger’s left foot under the dash on the firewall.  You can see the wiring at Documentation/Electrical/EVTM/1985 EVTM.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by thejslay
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

thejslay
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I jumped it to check and still nothing. I am going to dig deeper with all the info on here. And yes! You can add me to the map.
1985 F-150 Single Cab Short Bed 4wd
302 FI with floor shift 4x4
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It may then be the relay.  But the EVTM should help you work through it.

And, you are on the map - just across the river from Bob.  You can email him through the forum, but be aware that it doesn't look like the email goes and yet it usually does.  So just copy yourself on it to see that it went.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI