New to me

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New to me

Sheener
I just picked up a 86 F250 4x4 with a 460 and a 4 speed. Came out of a state with no emissions and all of the thermactor system has been removed. I have picked up the pumps and canister and may have the remaining parts, but may need help installing all of it. I will change the valve cover gaskets and install new exhaust gaskets. It is a non catalyst engine, so no catalytic converter. The state of Colorado has adopted California emissions in my county, so it will need to pass a visual exam. My only question is does it need to be a completely functional system to pass the emission test? Thanks for being here to help.  Sheener
86 f 250, 4wd, 460, manual transmission
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New to me

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome to the forum!  Glad you joined.  

Where are you in CO?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city or zip.

But I can't say if your system has to be completely functional or not.  Perhaps others that live in CO can answer, but that is surely something that only the locals know.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Sheener
I am in Fort Collins.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  And I've been there a few times.  Used to recruit there for Conoco.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Sheener
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

taskswap
Not sure what county you're in but in mine if you don't have a catalytic converter you just have to pass a two-speed idle test. Go get a bottle of Guaranteed to Pass and follow its instructions precisely.
--
1981 F-250 Custom. 6.6L V8, 4 barrel Holley carb, ARA aftermarket A/C.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sheener
Just checked the county website and all emission equipment must be present and unaltered for a visual inspection. I guess that means more parts.