classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New member from Colorado

Paulco
Hello

Wanted to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Paul and I live in Castle Rock, Colorado. I am originally from England and have lived in the US since 2001.

I recently bought a 1982 Ford F150 4x4 Short Bed with a 302 V8. The truck had not seen too much action since 2000 from the paperwork I received and was used to pull a horse trailer. The mileage is only 47K, however it does need a lot of work. So far I have replaced the fuel pump, starter motor, Rear drum brakes and all the fluids. I will be posting questions on the next phase of the work.

Not the best picture but it shows the bullnose.

Looking forward to sharing my progress and getting advice.

Paul
1982 Ford F-150 XL 4x4 Short Bed with 302 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New member from Colorado

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Paul - Glad you finally joined the right forum!    (For the rest of you, he tried to join the TEST forum w/o knowing that it is only for testing purposes.)

Castle Rock.  I know exactly where that is having driving through there a number of times, and once about 6 weeks ago.  Would you like to be on our map?  (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.)

What part of England?  I lived in Moor Park, north of Northwood, 30 years ago, and several on here either live there now or used to do.

Nice truck.  With those low miles perhaps it hasn't been hacked?  And hopefully it isn't too rusty.  All else is usually easy to fix.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Paulco
Please add me to the map.

I am from Baildon, a tiny village in Yorkshire.

Paul

1982 Ford F-150 XL 4x4 Short Bed with 302 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  But I don't think I've been to Baildon.  I've been up to Grimsby several times so have been in the region.

And, to show what I know of the UK, Baildon is near Leeds and, therefore, Leeds Castle.   
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Paulco
Welcome Paul!  

We have a few British ex-pats here, and a few still in the UK.

302 Shortbed is a very odd combination for towing.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome!