classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
26 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New guy with an 81 Bronco

Ferdinand
Welcome James!

The guys on this forum are so helpful as you have already learned. Truly an incredible resource for guys that aren't master mechanics like myself.
Jamie Helmick
'85 Bronco 351W HO, C6, 4X4, Full rebuild @ 51k original miles (fire), Edelbrock air gap intake & 600 cfm carb. w/elec. choke. 4" RC lift w/35's. Check the Projects Page if you're interested.
Reply | Threaded
|

James81
In reply to this post by James81
inside_spindle_.jpg

can anyone help me identify this seal needed for inside the spindle on the drivers side, noticed the seal was cracking when I was reassembling then lost it over the week. any help would be awesome. I'm thinking its the spindle seal outer
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You can insert the pic by dropping its URL in the field I circled:

That's what I did to put it here:

As for the seal, can you identify it from the illustration here: Driveline/4wd Front Hubs & Rotors?  My guess is that you are asking about the one labeled "1175 or 1190".  Right?

Whichever, you then go to the Parts List tab and use the Model Application Chart to determine which parts list you need to use.  Then scroll down to that parts list and get the part number for the 1175 or 1190 listed.

I'd do it for you, but you don't have a signature so I don't know what your truck is.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And, I think I see a problem on that page.  The page is listed as 4WD, but I think it may actually list the parts for the 2wd trucks.  I'm going to have to think about this.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

James81
In reply to this post by James81
Hey again everyone, I went to replace my valve covers after they have been leaking for a while. And after replacing them they leak really badly out of the passenger side near the firewall. They are new covers and gaskets. Any ideas
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Several possible problems.  One is that you over-torqued the bolts and either bent the cover or split the gasket - or both.

Or, that you put the gaskets on with RTV and torqued the bolts down w/o letting the RTV set up.  When it is wet it is a lubricant, and gaskets frequently squirt out from under the valve cover.

If using RTV I tight down finger tight and let it set overnight.  Then torque things down.