14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New guy from Alberta Canada

GLHS60
Hello all !!

Just joined up and looking forward to Bullnosing

I have a white reg cab, long box 1981 Fi50 300 six with automatic and ps/pb.

My dearly departed Mother in law left it to me when she passed some years ago.

She won the truck new from the C/W radio station she always listened to.

While she never had a drivers license she managed to insure and register the truck.

She lived alone and used the truck around her farm and drove to town occasionally.

She did manage to accumulate 88,000 km which is about 50,000 miles in around 35 yrs.

The truck sat unused for a few years between her passing and my bringing the truck home.

The entire fuel and brake system needed replacing and that took me some years to do.

I also had to replace the steering column as someone busted it trying to steal it.

The replacement had the sticky ignition problem but I eventually managed to de gum it.

I had a stroke a couple of years back but am now as recovered as I ever will be.

Only my left hand and arm are affected so I'm luckier than most that's for sure.

The exhaust manifold was cracked and that was a huge undertaking to replace.

I needed lots of help with the heavy work but was determined to do the carb alone.

The darn Carter YF was trickier than any 2 or 4bbl I've ever worked on !!

Its still not perfect so I'll no doubt have it off a few more times yet.

Thanks
Randy

1981 F150 reg cab,long box, 300 6, automatic
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New guy from Alberta Canada

Rembrant
Hi Randy,

Greetings from the Maritimes! I'm in NS, just outside of Halifax. I lived in Alberta for a couple years back in the mid 1990's, but I eventually drifted back east. My little brother is in Edmonton somewhere.

Welcome aboard.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by GLHS60
Well done, Randy!

So is your association with Bill via the Chrysler products?  And, I assume you know, he can help you on the Carter?

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu above) and we could put you on it if we had a city.

Again, welcome!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

GLHS60
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Appreciate the welcome!

I was born in NS but grew up in Canada's most densely populated province.

Spent lots of time in Halifax in my younger years buying vehicles for resale.

A Ford dealer wholesaled me vehicles not worthy of their front row.

Thanks
Randy
Reply | Threaded
|

GLHS60
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Hi Gary:

Location listed, ready for the map!!

I don't think even Bill can help me with the Carter LOL

We both have an affection for the ancient Chrysler 2.2/2.5 Turbo's

They're extremely durable and respond well to modifications.

My Mopar of choice is the Dodge Omni Turbo, I bought mine new.

My last drag car was a 1963 Dodge Wagon 440 with 429 Ford pistons!!

Still trying to figure out the site, see a mention of HTML and assignment.??

Did I mention I'm mostly computer illiterate??

Thanks
Randy

Reply | Threaded
|

GLHS60
In reply to this post by grumpin
Thanks Grumpin...Jenkins??

I think heard of you.

Thanks
Randy
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Randy, if you go to "projects" there are several threads on what some of us are doing. I have a couple there, one is on my truck, aka Darth Vader, the other is my turbo II Lebaron T2K-CAR. That one has a lot of documentation and pictures.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Randy - You are now on the map.

On the HTML and Assignment options, there's no need to use them.  And you did mention about your computer skills.  No worries, you'll be fine.

As for Chizzlers, I can see the back corner of my '69 w/a cool Bee emblem from where I sit.  There's currently the "little" RB up front, but I'm not sure what will be there when I get it going.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
As for Chizzlers, I can see the back corner of my '69 w/a cool Bee emblem from where I sit.  There's currently the "little" RB up front, but I'm not sure what will be there when I get it going.  
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/1000-hp-hellephant-crate-hemi-sells-out/
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
GLHS60 wrote
Thanks Grumpin...Jenkins??

I think heard of you.

Thanks
Randy
Ha! A friends dad knew him. My friends dad was an old Flying Dutchman (There have been a few Flying Dutchmen).
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The little Goes Like Hell were one of Iacocca's gifts to mankind (and teenage testosterone)

Welcome Randy, and have fun!  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Jim, it was Iaccoca's friend who he had helped in the 60s by agreeing to first sell him engines for his Anglo-American sports car then later helping to spice up Ford's new sporty car, the Mustang. After Lido was canned at Ford, he went to Chrysler.

One of the stories that surfaced was that the K-cars were a design Ford had been considering, but the concept was scrapped with Iaccoca. His first step was the Omni/Horizon pair using engines and 4 speed transaxles sourced from VW. in 1981 Chrysler introduced their 2.2L OHC 4 and the K-cars originally pretty basic family cars and surprisingly roomy inside. Engines were the 2.2L and a Mitsubishi built 2.6L. By 1982 the 2.2L was now in the Omni/Horizon.

In 1983 the "super K" models were added, Chrysler Lebaron and Dodge 400 and some of the Lebaron and Dodge 400 2drs were modified by an outside shop into convertibles. In 1984 Chrysler added the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser to the line and put a turbocharged 2.2L engine in them and the super Ks. Logic was Chrysler did not have a V6 to compete with GM and some of the imports. As some of the imports were now coming with more powerful engines help was needed, so Iaccoca called the man who he had helped as head of Ford. First out was the Omni GLH, a high compression 2.2L carbureted engine putting out 110hp in the little FWD sedan. These evolved into the GLHS with the Shelby developed 2.2L turbo II and intercooled system that pumped the engine up to 170hp. These cars were built by Shelby in Wittier CA and have Shelby VINs just like the 60s GT350 Mustangs. Randy owns GLHS #60, hence his user name on forums.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Shelby knew a thing or two about making cars go fast.  

I think the GLH might have been the ultimate sleeper car back then if you pulled the spoiler and put some base level looking wheels on it.
Having it intercooled with increased compression would have made it even more awesome!  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.