classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New bench seat and door panel options from LMC

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
Ok, good!  I really don't recommend drilling new holes as they are almost assuredly not going to be reinforced like the factory holes are.  So I'm glad they are making a bracket to use to original holes.  
I have to disagree, two of the four mounting points for the bench seats in both my F150 and my F350 wiggled loose from the sheet metal. All they are is square nuts spot welded to the sheet metal. I don't trust the factory holes with my life. There are definitely MUCH stronger options for mounting the seats in these trucks, and I will definitely be heading down that road when the time comes.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
salans7 wrote
Gary Lewis wrote
Ok, good!  I really don't recommend drilling new holes as they are almost assuredly not going to be reinforced like the factory holes are.  So I'm glad they are making a bracket to use to original holes.  
I have to disagree, two of the four mounting points for the bench seats in both my F150 and my F350 wiggled loose from the sheet metal. All they are is square nuts spot welded to the sheet metal. I don't trust the factory holes with my life. There are definitely MUCH stronger options for mounting the seats in these trucks, and I will definitely be heading down that road when the time comes.

Sounds like it would be a good idea to do a how to thread on reinforcing the seat mounts.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The holes on both of my trucks are reinforced.  I'll take some pics and post them tomorrow.  But I've not had any problems with them pulling loose.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

JC
Reply | Threaded
|

JC
In reply to this post by salans7
Those are TMI products.  You can go directly to TMI and get any color. They debuted that stuff in the SEMA bullnose build. I plan to do the same to my 85.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
JC wrote
Those are TMI products.  You can go directly to TMI and get any color. They debuted that stuff in the SEMA bullnose build. I plan to do the same to my 85.
I'm leaning towards their bench but also really like the buckets like they used in their bullnose build.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Reading through the build thread it sounds like they provided the dash and it looks similar to that nice red one in the 'horse leather' truck for sale awhile back. I don't see it on their site though.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Do they make these seats in blue?
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Ray Cecil wrote
Do they make these seats in blue?
I believe so, yes. I looked them up myself a couple weeks ago.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by Ray Cecil
Yes they have a good selection of colors.